Why do you choose Argentina?

CatLady

Registered
Hello :) I'm an Argentinian and found this forum researching ex-pats. I'd like to know why do you choose a third-world country to live, as I'm trying to emigrate.

Greetings

WUMs are out in force over this weekend. Bored already from the new restrictions it seems.

My family and I visited in 2007, and fell in love with the City. We have lived part of the year in BsAs ever since.. We have lived in various other countries, and travelled all over. I certainly wouldnt call Argentina "third world: Burma is third world. Indonesia. El Salvador. Mozambique.
Argentina is quite civilized, by my standards. I understand its difficult to make an upper middle class income here- and I certainly know people who have emmigrated to other places to make more money. But I know people from all over the world who have moved TO argentina, too. As an artist, I find it one of the most interesting art scenes in the world- very good education, lots of galleries, museums, and shows. I love the music, and go out to see live bands all the time- at a tiny fraction of the cost in the US or Europe. I love the architecture, industrial design, and culture.
But really, the reason I live here is because I like fugazetta.

My family and I visited in 2007, and fell in love with the City. We have lived part of the year in BsAs ever since.. We have lived in various other countries, and travelled all over. I certainly wouldnt call Argentina "third world: Burma is third world. Indonesia. El Salvador. Mozambique.
Argentina is quite civilized, by my standards. I understand its difficult to make an upper middle class income here- and I certainly know people who have emmigrated to other places to make more money. But I know people from all over the world who have moved TO argentina, too. As an artist, I find it one of the most interesting art scenes in the world- very good education, lots of galleries, museums, and shows. I love the music, and go out to see live bands all the time- at a tiny fraction of the cost in the US or Europe. I love the architecture, industrial design, and culture.
But really, the reason I live here is because I like fugazetta.
i have an upper middle class income and I want to emigrate anyways
you know the city of buenos aires, not argentina
go to formosa, they live like in the 1800

Tango (now sadly destroyed by the pandemic and unlikely to return in its previous form), the city's linguistic richness, and the fact that it remains culturally authentic (one of the few places I know that still retains its character and is largely untouched by the leveling and uniformity that globalization has caused elsewhere). Argentina has many problems and is obviously going downhill fast (I first visited in 1988 and have seen the progressive decline), but it is not a "third-world" country. Like most Latin American countries it is upper middle income but unfortunately has high-income inequality (like all other countries in the region), and Peronismo.

Tango (now sadly destroyed by the pandemic and unlikely to return in its previous form), the city's linguistic richness, and the fact that it remains culturally authentic (one of the few places I know that still retains its character and is largely untouched by the leveling and uniformity that globalization has caused elsewhere). Argentina has many problems and is obviously going downhill fast (I first visited in 1988 and have seen the progressive decline), but it is not a "third-world" country. Like most Latin American countries it is upper middle income but unfortunately has high-income inequality (like all other countries in the region), and Peronismo.
yes, I love Argentina, I dislike being so shitty. i think it's third world. you don't live here, you visit the country. not the same. then you go back to your real country which it's normal and not with inflation

Back