Why do you live in BsAs and not the provinces?

Why do you live in BsAs and not one of the provinces?

• I have been living here 0-2 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have been living here 2-5 years

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • I have been living here more than 5 years

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Family relations in BsAs (I/spouse/partner was born here, other)

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I/we own business in BsAs

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • I/we own real estate in BsAs

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Partner (spouse, ...) works in BsAs

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • I work in BsAs

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Love it here

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Other reasons - tell in post, a poll has only 10 options

Votes: 19 41.3%

• Total voters
I live in Mendoza, but spend quite a lot of time in BA Capital .... great to visit but I couldn´t live there .... the quality of life just sucks by comparison. If you want civilisation live in Barcelona, if you want adventure live in El Bolsón!

After reading all the negativity on this forum I am surprised that so many people say 'love it here'.

That's why I am here! My husband would love to move out to the country, or at least spend more time there (his work is here), but I really don't! I just love the city!

katti said:
After reading all the negativity on this forum I am surprised that so many people say 'love it here'.
Don't be, Katti, in debates it's usually those who feel the strongest, who say the most - for or against whatever the subject is.

Of course BsAs is a stinker compared to the larger provincial towns, but I am told that under stones you can even find individuals who love peanut butter or dulce de leche ;):D

citygirl said:
Wait - I live in the province of BsAs but not Cap Fed - how should I answer?! ;)
In a post - the province is a province :D

For those who live in the countryside, how did you find your house?
I find online searches tend to only list the cities and find it hard to specify areas between the cities, such as costico atlantico but not any of the cities

jago25_98 said:
I find online searches tend to only list the cities and find it hard to specify areas between the cities, such as costico atlantico but not any of the cities

You need to develop a strategy. Depends what you're looking for. It's not that difficult.

For instance, you need to spend some time where you want to live. Then improvise from there.

Online searches are strongly useless if you look for a place to live outside CABA (Use local newspapers, visit gated communities there... You need to spend 2/3 days on the spot = worth the investment, by far).

jago25_98 said:

You can search the entire Province Bs.As. or individual cities on the VivAvisos website. There are properties for sale and rent by owners as well as agencies.

I searched for houses for sale as well as quintas (country houses usually located outside of the cities and towns), but I was really only wanted to buy a quinta in the first place.

Here are the results of a search I just made for quintas in Prov. Bs. As. on the VivAvisos site:

http://search.vivavisos.com.ar/terr...osearch_text=&searchGeoId=104&sp_common_price[start]=&sp_housing_sq_ft[start]=&offer_type=&sp_common_price[end]=&sp_housing_sq_ft[end]=&image_total=1&end_field=1

I also searched for quintas on the ReMax.com.ar website and found my property (a quinta) there.

Back