Why does customer service here suck?

cbphoto said:
Cabrera is part of the problem. A false sense of pride in what once was. A person/people that unfortunately cant get it together. No solutions, apologies, or anything constructive to offer... a need to project his/her/their own denial and insecurities on others/nations,peoples ... with all the ignorance his/her/their existence can muster. Quite sad. One can not blame Cabrera as an individual. It is a sickness, created through years of a societies (Argentina) lack of belief that their is a "tomorrow"...that will be better than the near past. That once again Argentina can be a nation truly proud of it's history..what it once was...100 years ago. It has failed for so many generations... that anyone alive today...has not lived when Argentina was actually as great as they "remember"...

You are a sick ignorant man and in denial about your own society .One that makes Nazi germany seem benevolent in comparison. Your police and military are amongst the most brutal on the earth . You are now in 5 countries fighting wars for oil destroying old cultures and the hopes of millions of lives have been terminated.

Medical care in the USA is the worlds most expensive and your society is the worlds largest consumer of drugs with most people addicted to various legal drugs.

Even to fly to the USA many are denied entry and if they are allowed they are subjected to brutal body searches and x rayed by radioactive machines. YOUR SOCIETY IS SICK

Christ, you're both as bad as each other. Go have your petty, childish arguments elsewhere please!

PhilipDT said:
2 restaurants, 1 night. In the 1st restaurant, empty save for 1 other table, it takes about 30 minutes to pay and leave after I've asked for the check, and I leave a flat 5 centavos as a tip; in the 2nd its more like 3 minutes and I leave 15%. There are few things I hate more than not being able to leave a restaurant at my leisure, especially after I just spend 130 pesos for 2 beers and an appetizer. Ugh. If you cater to foreigners you should know better.

This is especially perplexing for an former server. In the states, almost without fail, I could give sub par service for a variety or reasons, but when they ask for the check, I am super receptive, turn on the charm and get it to them as fast as possible. And they almost invariably tipped me more than I deserved.

Where as here I get standard, indifferent Argie service. Whatever, I am used to it. Then I ask for the check and half the time I have to chase the person down or try and pay at the register. So many times, my tip has gone from 10% to 5-10 centavos (worse than nothing) because of the last 20 minutes of the dining experience.

cbphoto said:
Cabrera is part of the problem.
Having read a number of Cabrera's post, I would tighten it to "Cabrera is the problem" - a person who doesn't take her own advice: if you do not like it, leave it.

dani28 said:
I arrived at a restaurant lured by their MENU LUNCH SPECIALS on the big blackboard outside. I arrived around 15:55 mind you, sat down, and the waiter finally came round by my table at 16:00 sharp.
I asked for the menu lunch special. The waiter frowned and said, ¨Was the sign still outside when you came in?¨ I replied yes. He went outside to verify, took the sign off and then came back to my table and said that the lunch special was only valid till 16:00.

WTF?!
Estamos en Suramérica. Say "You just lost a customer, buddy." (the waiter doesn't care, the owner's loss, not his.). Get up and leave the restaurant never to return, which is what I do.

PhilipDT said:
... empty save for 1 other table, it takes about 30 minutes to pay and leave after I've asked for the check, and I leave a flat 5 centavos as a tip
Way to go, Phil! I have done the same after asking all the other waiters if they had a 5 centavos for tips (although I always keep one in my purse). For months following the 5 c incident, the other waiters smile when they see me and the 5 c waiters hates me - doesn't matter, "Let them hate me as long as they fear me".

Let me add that I have been a customer of La Florencia since 2004. All the waiters, when they see me, make a detour to either embrace me or shake hands - except for one :D

I always get excellent service in restaurants. The waiters sense my power, and see how alpha I am, they know I'm a man to be respected.

Back