Why don't they care about us?

fred mertz

Registered
I'm quite sure that the man that I saw being interviewed on U.S. tv was the head of the Census Bureau. He specifically said that U.S. citizens who live permantly out of the U.S. will not be counted in the census that will take place this month.Kindda makes you feel good, n'est ce pas? Taxation without representation.Why?

So, you expect the US Census Bureau to contact every single US citizen who happens to be out of the country on the day of the census? And they know your address, and every other US citizen who happens to be out if the 50 states on the given day - How?

The census is a snapshot of the population IN a country on the given day - There is another thread on here giving links to the UN collation pages...

fred mertz said:
I'm quite sure that the man that I saw being interviewed on U.S. tv was the head of the Census Bureau. He specifically said that U.S. citizens who live permantly out of the U.S. will not be counted in the census that will take place this month.Kindda makes you feel good, n'est ce pas? Taxation without representation.Why?

For real? Does this really concern you, fred mertz?

Who pays taxes in the US? Some of us do, so speak for yourself! You should be filing every year no matter where you live.

You ARE represented: You may vote for federal elections. Nothing below that.

The bigger question is WHY is the US embassy so uninterested in us?

Thank you, Sergio. Of course, every U.S. Citizen must file income taxes annually. I believe that answering the Census question is voluntary. So they care more about illegal, so libs, undocumented folk than they care about expats? These days, nothing surprises me.

Back