Why expats doesnt like get in love or get an argie partner?

Brigadier

Registered
the question its simple: why you all never like to be involucrated with the locals?...
Expats girls or boys never like to meet with people from here. Whats the reason?: fear?, supremacy feeling? ... or what ?
Any answer its taked..

The Original Poster wants to know:

"Why don't Expats want to fall in love with an Argentine?"
Filling out the question: "Why don't you want to get involved with locals?" It seems that Expats don't like becoming friends or lovers with Argentines.

Why?
-Fear?
-Feelings of superiority?
-Please explain.

I won't criticize your answers/responses.
Personally, I HAVE gotten involved with Argentine girls. I liked them both. But one had a better offer (I know you may find that difficult to believe) that she'd been preparing to meet for at least 2 years (friends had been trying to put them together that long) and another I dated for most of a year before she broke it off because she felt that there were problems that would make continuing the relationship more difficult that she wanted a relationship to be. (Expressing ourselves easily in a language the other could easily understand.)

I have friends who have Argentine girlfriends and boyfriends (both straight & gay) as well as friends who are Argentine. But the Argentines have to WANT a relationship with someone who is NOT from Argentina.

In Los Angeles, I knew people in the "soccer community" who were English, French, South American, and other. Even though English wasn't everyone's native language, it seemed that the foreign born people tended to spend more time with each other than with people born in the USA. Not exclusively, but foreigners had a much more international group of friends than the yanquis I was friends with.

I think that it's the same here.

My roommate is dating a Colombian girl and he said that even though she and her friends are fluent in Spanish, they still feel like outsiders.

Friendship & Dating is a two way street. Both parties have to be interested in making it work. The first girl I mentioned is still seriously involved with the same English guy from nearly 2 years ago. She's gone to England for months at a time and that guy has come here. But her sister, who is extremely beautiful in my opinion and is a lawyer and has traveled to other continents, wants nothing to do with foreigners. She speaks English very well, but she still doesn't want to use it. And when Argentina played in the World Cup, she set a rule at her father's house that NO FOREIGNERS WERE ALLOWED.

So there's that.

I'm in a long term relationship with another foreigner so dating was never on the table for me here, but nearly all of my foreign friends (both straight and gay, male and female) here have dated, are dating (both short and long term), have had babies with and/or are married to a local. I think it's kind of crazy to assume that doesn't happen when clearly, at least in my experience, those kinds of relationships are happening *all the time*.

Brigadier said:
the question its simple: why you all never like to be involucrated with the locals?...
Expats girls or boys never like to meet with people from here. Whats the reason?: fear?, supremacy feeling? ... or what ?
Any answer its taked..

Don't know where you got that idea..I know lots of Expats involved with/married to, locals

Honestly, I can't imagine going out with anyone *but* locals.

My guess would be that, among the expats who aren't involved with locals, the majority are involved with long-term residents who originated from other Mercosur countries (Colombia, Peru, Chile and the like) because foreigners in general find it easier to bond among each other and find themselves in the same situation.

There are also widespread perceptions on this forum of Argentines being cerrados, difficult to approach and to know intimately. That's not a generalization that I myself share, and I'd rather not steer the discussion in that direction, but there's plenty in the archives on the subject for what it's worth. For me, it all depends on where you look.

So, if there ARE any argentinas out there looking to meet up with a yanqui: you say where and I'll say when. :D

Things didn´t go your way tonight Brigadier? :O. Just kidding.

I think one of the reasons for the existence of an expat community here is all the people that have fallen for or, are married to locals. I have nothing against hanging out with expats. They can be a very fun crowd and sometimes there is nothing like being around the type of humor you grew up with.

I met a local 1 week after arriving to Argentina the first time. We've been together for 20 years. That seems pretty involucrated to me.

Wow, 20 years? Congrats. In this day and age 20 is something to celebrate. I am on about 6 thus far and enjoying it.

Back