New to BAexpats

Malkey

Registered
Hola! I intend to visit Argentina in 2024 and would like to make some new contacts. Looking for someone willing to help orient me with public transport, SIM card, grocery shopping, help finding accommodation, etc.
Gracias!
Cheers,
Malcolm

Welcome Malcolm. Impressive art. Thanks for sharing your portfolio website.

Hi Malcolm, welcome! I noticed on your website that you've exhibited at The Crucible in Oakland -- I used to study glassblowing/coldworking and woodworking there, and also volunteered there quite a bit!

You'll probably be able to find a lot of the answers to your questions by searching the forum, but if there's anything you can't find by searching, feel free to reach out.

Hi Malcolm, welcome! I noticed on your website that you've exhibited at The Crucible in Oakland -- I used to study glassblowing/coldworking and woodworking there, and also volunteered there quite a bit!

You'll probably be able to find a lot of the answers to your questions by searching the forum, but if there's anything you can't find by searching, feel free to reach out.
Hi Julia:
How are you? Thank you for your reply. Oh, and thank you for the kind compliments on my work. Like you, I learned my craft at the Crucible in Oakland. Small world, huh? Are you involved with any glasswork in B.A.?
I visited Buenos Aires 22 years ago in 2001 where I stayed near Avenida Florida and San Telmo. I really liked it.
After searching Numbeo, it appears that prices in Argentina are considerably cheaper than anywhere in the states. Can you recommend where one can find a decent one bedroom apartment? Numbeo says that the going rate is around $350-400 per month. That's very affordable. How accurate is that estimate?
Any guidance, assistance would be most welcome, appreciated.
Kind regards,
Malcolm

Back