Why expats doesnt like get in love or get an argie partner?

Lucas said:
It depends, how good or bad your paella was?

But by being a Cuban or Cuban American and probably from Miami surroundings she surely is connected to the Cuban community over there, most of them or their parents flew from Cuba when the revolution was nearly over and remember that one of the revolutionaries who fought along Fidel was the legendary 'Che' Guevara, an Argentine. So her hate for everything with an Argentine name is somehow justified and it could very well come from this character, or maybe your paella really tasted very bad and she need to tell you that codified so you don't get offended, who knows. quote]

You could be on to something. The next time I see her (dunno...), I'll make hamburgers.

stefano said:
You could be on to something. The next time I see her (dunno...), I'll make hamburgers.

That will be a sure bet, but just in case don't mention Argentina :D

John.St said:
Sure about that? :eek:

Yes, I'm sure. After living in a killing/maddening city for 35 years, I'm still alive, aren't I?

Maybe an offhand joke anyway... sorry, deeve.

cruizes said:
Are they better or do they think that they better than people from other South American countries. Very sad.

Well, I have reasons to believe there is a sort of "frustrated European" complex, especially (but not exclusively) in Buenos Aires. I think it's more stupid than sad.

eva_rgentina said:
I find that Argentine men can be just as hysterical and drama-inducing as (people say) the women are.

Eva, your so right!!!

cruizes said:
You should see the looks on "locals" faces when they see my partner and I somewhere. Oh yeah, he's asian and I am a gringo. They are not ready for mixing races yet and probably never will be. Too bad!

Cruizes, I'm intrigued... what kind of "faces" do you get? Are you sure they express disapproval? I'm not sure we are that narrow-minded, really.

I had to listened many expat telling that Argentine mans are histeric. I really dont think it be a true, maby in high standart of social clases it be a true, but argentine mans doesnt live only in Palermo. The only thing that I know its that the foreign people are too "prejudiced" about meeting someone local if this doesnt happends in a pub or in the work, and a few else cases.
Internet its a strong tool for meet people (for relationships, frienships, etc) in the hurried world of today, but foreigns got clear prejudiced about this!!. I sent a lots of messages to many expats for taste this theory, and guess what??...... I NEVER! recibed a single answer from nobody. That kind of think its the real sad here !!.

Hache said:
Well, I have reasons to believe there is a sort of "frustrated European" complex, especially (but not exclusively) in Buenos Aires. I think it's more stupid than sad.

What is a "frustrated European" and why would they be sad?

I came to Argentina in 1982 as a bachelor, with no intentions of looking for a wife, but I found one in Patagonia. We were married in Buenos Aires in 1983 and have had a good life with three great children, now grown and soon the youngest out of college here in the United States. We could have settled in Buenos Aires at that time, but the war and inflation made it a difficult place to live and work.

There are good and bad things about every country. I just joined this forum and have read a lot of great observations about the cultural and social differences. The common thread seems to be that the United States is a great place to work and earn money, and Argentina is a great place to be with your family. Changing your country is always difficult, you have to accept the good with the bad.

You never know when and where you might meet the person who you will marry. My oldest daughter met her husband to be in LaPlata, he was from the United States and they now live in Atlanta, far from our home in Houston. In Argentina the family bonds are stronger, and the children do not jump out of the nest and scatter to the four winds like they do here.

Brigadier said:
I sent a lots of messages to many expats for taste this theory, and guess what??...... I NEVER! recibed a single answer from nobody. That kind of think its the real sad here !!.
I am very sad for you that nobody acknowledged your emails. It would be great to meet some nice local folks here. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Back