Why is this forum so quiet?

I keep meeting young new expats- but they are not interested in hearing a bunch of cranky old farts complain all day.
When I was living in Buenos Aires I knew a number of folks who quit the forum because of the "negativity". Both young and older people. It is definitely a factor. And those who quit following the forum are still in Buenos Aires.

johnny. you posted some pretty good content in the past. thanks for all. you might be referring to the ajo era. what a negative troll

hairy may need to update imigration for dummies. great information. steveinbs helps alot. its a good forum and helpful for those of us need to understand the quirks of the argentine system. lets start a political fight. i think the donald and chistina have alot in common. cristina was taking money from obriech and in the hotel business. the donald took money from russia and is in the hotel business. sound familiar

johnny. you posted some pretty good content in the past. thanks for all. you might be referring to the ajo era. what a negative troll
Thanks jbeas. Suffice to say that no place is perfect, and expat blogs throughout the world are inhabited by more than a few people who vent their spleen on the internet. Same here in Bangkok.

The forum is awfully quiet these days compared to what it used to be like. Have all my fellow expats packed their belongings and returned to where they came from? :D

I've heard there is a special place in Las Canitas. Like an elite terrace bar or something. And all the people who have left this forum are sitting there drinking their martinis. They are permanently engaged in highly intellectual and very entertaining conversations, and you cannot detect even a touch of negativity in anything they say. No matter how hard you try.

other forums are active cos of social media platforms and ease of reach. websites in general have been taken over social media platforms.

i am not a user of facebook etc..for personal profiles..

this is a good old fashioned forum but we could do with some marketing.

other forums are active cos of social media platforms and ease of reach. websites in general have been taken over social media platforms.

i am not a user of facebook etc..for personal profiles..

this is a good old fashioned forum but we could do with some marketing.
Generally speaking I think it is the younger expats who have little interest in the forum. I suppose you're correct that they support one another through social media.

I think it has a lot to do with the ''rich cranky old farts '' around here lol, now on serious note, i must say, pc pretty much killed this forum and i have observed that some of the members posting have their own agenda and will not tolerate anything different to their point of view.
There was a time when you could express your ideas and exchange concepts in a friendly manner, over time, that became more and more rare and personal attacks became the norm
Imagine a new member coming into this forum seeing all of that..... i don't think that creates an inviting place for anyone.......and also on the other hand, i believe that many people are not prepared to hear certain things that happened here in the past that need to be taken into account when talking about economy or politics........ i guess that's the part where cranky old farts that been here a lot longer than others can be understood as negative input........It is kinda sad to see us putting our agenda before people, after all, i , at one point thought, this community would be a nice place where we could help each other and not try to impress the other with our infinite wisdom proving how wrong or misinformed the other is.....

Back