WiFi repeater needed

on the brink

Registered
There's no signal in half my apartment, and the Personal technician told me to get a repeater - "MESH, not the cheap ones but a good one".

All that sounds like Chinese to me - went to MercadoLibre and saw lots of them, ranging in price from thirty to four hundred thousand pesos.

So I'm looking for a reliable, knowledgeable technician to supply and install one of those thingies.
Is there one in BA? Referrals much appreciated.

There's no signal in half my apartment, and the Personal technician told me to get a repeater - "MESH, not the cheap ones but a good one".

All that sounds like Chinese to me - went to MercadoLibre and saw lots of them, ranging in price from thirty to four hundred thousand pesos.

So I'm looking for a reliable, knowledgeable technician to supply and install one of those thingies.
Hey, I have a few Google mesh that I could sell you and install . Pm

We have a TP Link Deco system in our house and it works great. Looks like it's around 90K at the moment on Mercado Libre

While you are waiting for your repeater to arrive there are a couple of hacks you can try. If the router is currently autoselecting between 2.4GHz and 5GHz try setting it to one or the other and seeing which is best. The other hack is the famous beer can wi-fi reflector. Google it. You may be able to beam the available signal to the places you want at the expense of places that don't matter so much. Remember to drink the beer first.

MESH devices are much better than the old repeaters that were more of a bridge to retransmit the main signal of your existing router. Mesh is new smarter technology which works, and are sold as combos of 2-3 or more devices. So you need to replace everything unless your original device is modern mesh compatible (unlikely). Do not get tricked into to buying some years old stock of repeater devices that are probably still found here in Argentina.

If you can, you can just pull the cable on the other side and plug in normal router, if you have spare maybe. Mesh is of course better, but it ain't cheap.

Recommend the Deco Superior Wi-Fi mesh it is pricey but if you have a wall between where your router is located this router breaks it down.

While you are waiting for your repeater to arrive there are a couple of hacks you can try. If the router is currently autoselecting between 2.4GHz and 5GHz try setting it to one or the other and seeing which is best. The other hack is the famous beer can wi-fi reflector. Google it. You may be able to beam the available signal to the places you want at the expense of places that don't matter so much. Remember to drink the beer first.
5GHz will always be better than 2.4. The famous beer can reflector is guarenteed to drive a newbie to tears.

Back