Telecentro Wifi (de la Calle) experience?

Alfred_Arnold

Registered
Good evening. I'm wondering if anyone here uses the Telecentro Wifi de la Calle service. I'm considering abandoning the mobile prepaid combos for this option, loading only the minimum to keep the line.

This is meant to be used in CABA while out and about if needed, and also as the internet backup in case my personal service drops for whatever reason.

Does anyone have it and would like to share an opinion about the experience?

I have used it in my apartment (never in the street coincidentally) when Personal (Fibertel) pushed back my installation by 3 weeks when I moved; it worked fine, I was able to watch Netflix, attend meetings on Zoom, etc. the only thing it wasn't great for was uploading files (which I needed to do for work; it was still possible, it was just slow) so as a back up it's not a bad idea at all.

UPDATE:
I got it for a phone. The listed price is for one device, and that device is registered by MAC address, so there is no way around the services being locked solely to one device. The service itself is pretty good. I haven't experienced any notable drops in coverage. I'd recommend this to anyone staying in CABA short term (or again, as a backup long term if tech budget allows) and it helps skip to the SIM problem we see in the forum now and then.

Back