Will The Blue Us Historical $13,10 Max Be Broken Soon ?

I know to many this is cause for celebration, however as the blue rate climbs higher, your fellow Argentines slip deeper and deeper into poverty, and if any of you think of all of this new found money you think you have, just remember, that as soon as the blue rate goes higher, prices of EVERYTHING goes higher and higher, so you are not in anyway getting more bang for your peso, except in cases where you may have bought things in 12 cuotas or have signed contracts in pesos. You may feel great walking away with a few extra pesos from the cueva, but it will be very short lived.

The Glass is half empty? For those that pay rent in pesos will see their rent go down every day!

Prices will go up 35% or more anyhow even if the dollar is hold STEADY until year-end , SO when the dollar goes up prices will go up perhaps 40% or more...? So you are only being Partially protected.
If the dollar stays Steady you are fxxxxd up.

I earn my money in the USA, then bring it down to Argentina to spend it. So this means I will be spending MORE pesos than I did last year.
I havent seen any reliable charts showing inflation versus blue rate, but I know from personal experience that inflation in Argentina is erratic- that is, some things go up more, and faster, than others, which means, my peso distribution project helps the argentines I spend these pesos with, with varying buying power- not everything they buy is going up at the exact same rate as the blue, so some of my personal foreign aid program will help Argentina MORE, even though the blue is going up and up...

The Glass is half empty? For those that pay rent in pesos will see their rent go down every day!
Yeah except every 6 months when it adjusts.... well mine is only going up 12.5% so I guess we're lucky that our landlord didn't see this coming. too bad for my babe whose wage doesn't even go up that much %.

It's a No Win situation. It will become even more difficult to bring your dollars in. And local costs always raise to the dollar anyway, so where is the benefit. Crime goes up with inflation and quality of life and goods declines. Infrastructure will continue to decay because there won't be $$$$$ to import upgrades or even finance internal improvements. This is getting to be a very dark picture for avg. Argentine and pretty questionable for the expat.

I earn my money in the USA, then bring it down to Argentina to spend it. So this means I will be spending MORE pesos than I did last year.
I havent seen any reliable charts showing inflation versus blue rate, but I know from personal experience that inflation in Argentina is erratic- that is, some things go up more, and faster, than others, which means, my peso distribution project helps the argentines I spend these pesos with, with varying buying power- not everything they buy is going up at the exact same rate as the blue, so some of my personal foreign aid program will help Argentina MORE, even though the blue is going up and up...

Ries-San, would you disclose to me of how you bringing your US earned Dollars into Argentina? I have to be thinking of ways to the same very soon in the future to live there in Argentina perhaps.

It's a No Win situation. It will become even more difficult to bring your dollars in. And local costs always raise to the dollar anyway, so where is the benefit. Crime goes up with inflation and quality of life and goods declines. Infrastructure will continue to decay because there won't be $$$$$ to import upgrades or even finance internal improvements. This is getting to be a very dark picture for avg. Argentine and pretty questionable for the expat.
People are forgetting what each subsequent raise in the blue rate brings to Argentina (besides a few extra pesos in your hand). Believe me I have participated in this fiasco myself, however I don't feel good about it, honestly. But like everyone else temptation gets the best of me. Just remember as this story spirals out of control, there are a lot of negative consequences that come along with it. Extreme poverty, which leads to desperate people, increased crime, shortages, looting, etc. Keep some of those "blue" pesos aside each month to pay for your security system, pepper spray, etc.

If the next government cuts the subsidies/planes, that's going to be "rock'n roll". Rather think they won't raise them according to the inflation though, to lower them gradually.

Back