Will The Blue Us Historical $13,10 Max Be Broken Soon ?

Well, I wasn't the one who screwed the economy up, nor did I vote for the idiots who have had a big hand in doing so. I'm going to feel bad for friends and family that earn in pesos and have sympathy for those I don't know.

As far as the blue rate goes - it is indeed beneficial. I know that I am not looking to earn extra money from the blue rate, but it will certainly serve to keep things more stable for me. I'm sorry there are others here who earn in pesos - in fact I know more people that earn in pesos than earn in dollars - but I'm going to continue to hope that the blue dollar keeps somewhat of a match with inflation, or I'm outta here and headed to Paraguay where (it's almost sad to say) things are more stable. Well, except for the EPP going around killing Brasileros who are occupying land and any local Paraguayans who get in the way...

Also as far as rents go, I don't like to take advantage of anyone. I like a win-win situation. The whole reason I mentioned signing the lease in conjunction with the blue rate was because I didn't want the owners to be pissed off partway through the contract and feel cheated. I specifically made the deal in dollars so we would have a stable rate on the monthly payments. I had to convince them to take it, thinking that the falling of the value of the peso would end up being more than the 20% increase that is provisional in our contract (second year they are free to convert the contract to pesos with 20% extra if they feel the peso has value, or we keep with the same rate in dollars with no 20% increase).

One doesn't have to be greedy to try to take advantage of what is available, but one should always remember that when one is dealing with someone that it behooves both parties to be happy. The government here surely does not think like that...

People are forgetting what each subsequent raise in the blue rate brings to Argentina (besides a few extra pesos in your hand). Believe me I have participated in this fiasco myself, however I don't feel good about it, honestly. But like everyone else temptation gets the best of me. Just remember as this story spirals out of control, there are a lot of negative consequences that come along with it. Extreme poverty, which leads to desperate people, increased crime, shortages, looting, etc. Keep some of those "blue" pesos aside each month to pay for your security system, pepper spray, etc.

David you don't mention the adjustment Union s get the Porteros near 30% tha bancarios over 30% now the en negro and the unemployed suffer. Prices WILL go up more than 30% even if the dollar Blue didn't exist.... :D

I am worrying about the new government is going to start a new currency. Many Argies like me have not paid their asset tax, the inflated peso is going to help, even with penalties. I wonder what will happen if the new government ditch the peso, is that possible ??

I am worrying about the new government is going to start a new currency. Many Argies like me have not paid their asset tax, the inflated peso is going to help, even with penalties. I wonder what will happen if the new government ditch the peso, is that possible ??
argentina-334.JPG

F345.jpg

The best way to bring US dollars into Argentina is to carry them, on your person, in quantities of $9,999.

But the chump change mentioned above will not be enough to build/buy my living quarter there. I need you to teach me the know-how as to bringing in least 11~12 times larger value...Can't buy not even a small house for that I presume?

Back