Will the Border be closed for the rest of the year?

Country by country guide to coronavirus travel recovery

FYI - Here is a rough summary country by country of border closures and restrictions... it seems the only place somewhat open for foreign tourism is the Maldives

(Disclaimer - it is the most depressing travel read I have ever read.)

On the plus side you can book a flight for a spring time escape to BRC for $36 return! Sometimes you just need to ask if living in Argentina is a dream or a nightmare...

Attachments

• DC9732D3-DD17-47C4-A1B8-809D85A6CE71.png
    DC9732D3-DD17-47C4-A1B8-809D85A6CE71.png
    1 MB · Views: 29
Is it possible to come to BA by ferry from Montevideo or is that banned? I'd like to visit BA for a month in August, but it sounds like that probably won't be possible.

A dream if you dream in dollars, some nightmare any other way ;)
If you have an exterior source of income / savings or investments in a major world currency ... Argentina is a paradise.

If you need to earn your funds within Arentina's borders, it is a living hell assuming you are not one of the few HC (Highly Compensated).

If you have an exterior source of income / savings or investments in a major world currency ... Argentina is a paradise.
Even with a dollar income, daily life in the US is easier than here.

Life in Buenos Aires means no reliable mail, no libraries, no Amazon, Target or Walmart - going through endless TRAMITES to get things done, and double-checking every bill for errors. Not being able to leave a single package in a parked car without fear of getting a window broken, and finding the package gone.

The only advantage - and a great one, at that - is having household help, inexpensive and reliable here.

Is it possible to come to BA by ferry from Montevideo or is that banned? I'd like to visit BA for a month in August, but it sounds like that probably won't be possible.
Land access by car, long distance bus services, ferry and airline services between ARG and UY have been temporarily suspended. Will the border quarantine be lifted by August???

Back