Will the Economic Crisis in the USA Effect Argentina?

Soulskier your property looks beautiful and for me worth every cent when you look at the lifestyle that Bariloche offers . It is superior in many ways to Lake Tahoe

I still do not understand why these people are trying so hard to Compare USA with Argentina when the reality is startingly clear.

I personally do not believe that we will be as affected from the USA Banking collapse as Europe and other Commonwealth countries.

What happened in Iceland in the last few days is scary and will be repeated in many other countries with high risk.

Argentina who had its banking collapse in 2001 recovered quickly due to its inherent richness of the country that can sustain itself and also most of the World if if needed to. Is there a country as rich in natural products and sustainable land as this one. The fundamentals here are very good and due to the very low amount of personal debt and bubble prices that are prevalent in the Western world we will be less affected.

Sorry Stan after looking at soulskiers post I must say the house in Georgia Sucks big time!! and soulskier the price of the house you posted sucks too. If I come across half a mill anytime soon I will be the next Bariloche permanent resident.

Today, USA, Canada and Europe are contracting and China is slowing down. How could Argentina not be affected by that?

Although the stock market is taking a beating, the economy in Canada is still in very good shape compared to most. The banking system is strong and job growth continues. It's always shocking for Americans when I tell them that the per-capita standard of living is higher in Canada and that we are the biggest foreign supplier of Oil for the U.S.

Regarding Argentina, I suspect this crisis in the U.S.A. will be a good thing overall as it forces a "flight to safety" which includes an increased move to the "bricks and mortar" side of the economy. Investors want something they can touch rather than digits on a piece of paper. Emerging markets become more attractive as traditional markets correct.

Like other people have said as well, Argentina is rich in natural resources and used to dealing with economic collapse of one sort or another.

Stanexpat said:
The only comparison I'm trying to make is relative value. Trying to compare real estate in Argentina with very expensive markets in other parts of the world doesn't make much sense either.

You obviously aren't getting it. A lakefront property with a main home and a guest house, in one of the most beuatiful settings in the world, are hard to find. And if they are available, surely not at the price of this example.

Maybe you could explain relative value? How many other Patagonia's are there in the world?

BTW, I don't think they just took the bars off the windows for the photos.

Very few properties in Argentina are not owned outright. For that reason, prices are real, not like the bubble bursting in the US at the moment.

The property is not gated, nor are there arm guards, nor is it in a fenced compound. Patagonia is a little different than wherever it is you lived in Argentina, that gave you such a bad taste in your mouth.

IMO, part of the appeal of Patagonia, is that it is remote. There is an international airport here with many flights daily to BA. I think you would be surprised how first world it is in these parts.

BTW, I am not a promoter of real estate, I am a promoter of peace and love.

soulskier said:
BTW, I am not a promoter of real estate, I am a promoter of peace and love.

Soulskier, It has to be something in the air where you live? you have talked me in to going to Bariloche for sure! see you there:)

Maybe I'll go to Bariloche myself soon. Been planing for it for some time. I miss mountains and lakes from Norway. How's the internet speed there? hehe

Smartypants said:
Maybe I'll go to Bariloche myself soon. Been planing for it for some time. I miss mountains and lakes from Norway. How's the internet speed there? hehe

We have 1 mb at our house. Friends downtown can get 3mb, but apparently that is only available in the city center at the moment.

Back