Will the election increase expatrism?

Yes i agree if inflation continues like this it will get a bit ridiculous the prices for Argentine wages, i think something will have to happen like a revaluation, although i hope not. I think though that the government will try to keep the country as competetive as possible though for foreigners being the main sources of income in exports and tourism. They say next year will be moving the peso down to 3.20 to the dollar. At the same time though this will be bad for inflation - I think this is largely down to the culture of Argentina that people are accustomed to raising prices regularly to stock up until the next crisis, although i'm no economist so i don't know.

Want to hear something funny? A healthy salad/sandwich place just opened up 2 weeks ago next to Pura Vida on Reconquista near Lavalle. I always glance at their prices on my way to Pura Vida, they seem a bit more pricey. Anyway, they just increased the price of the chicken wrap by the door from 19 to 22 pesos, not TWO WEEKS after opening! That's a 15% increase in 2 weeks. I don't see how they're going to survive...they're more expensive than Pura Vida, and their wraps look smaller. Ken

Since I began this post, I have had no less than 5 people/families contact me through our blog, asking about living full time in Argentina.

About the inflation, it is very high, I have some receipts from last year from the grocery store and some items have increased 100%

It is actually worse for expats earning dollars living here since the peso is still around 3.15 same as a year ago but the wages in pesos and services has to some extent followed the inflation.

Back