Will the real bullies please stand up

'Scammer' and 'crook' are libelous words. I can't understand why a businessman, especially a foreigner, would ask for legal trouble. Seems awfully foolish.

If I owned or moderated this forum, I would not respond to the ‘Gentleman’ attacking the team personally. Otherwise, this will run and run.
In addition, when responding, you give them credit when none is due. You send traffic to their competitor forums and the other senseless devices designed and published to make you feel pain. Delete them double-quick, wipe them from your history, they will quickly disappear back into obscurity.
Please remove all the links to their website, forums, and businesses - remove their threads and ban their IP addresses. It is your prerogative; do not be friendly or ‘moderate’. Who really cares what they think, they are your competition, let them send their traffic in your direction.
I would not suffer defamation. I would demand a public apology or seek a legal remedy. It is a great publishing opportunity – vindication– only if you win of course. If you lose, ‘that is the gamble and the way the cookie crumbles.’
Clearly, most businesses that target visitors and expatriates are having a tough time. I suspect that certain businesses are feeling the pinch, possibly short of ‘dough’ – sorry.
Many businesses fight to expand their consumer reach using internet marketing for website and product placement – forums offer a great marketing opportunity.
When you dance with the devil....
When you post about a product or service to a forum, you expect a whole range of views - this is particularly true for beverage and foodstuffs - we all have different tastes.
Experienced businesspeople know the risks posed by open debate. Many avoid forums because they are a ‘hornets’ nest’ - stir them at your peril - nobody in their right mind should be angry about soliciting opinions and getting a few negative responses. It is part of the course – Rhonda Farr said, ‘Publicity, darling. Just publicity. Any kind is better than none at all.’
Pericles borrowed my blog piece today that posed a number of questions (designed to rank well and make my potential clients think a little), it made some clear statements – someone chose to attack one my questions dealing with it as a statement - what -what? It was quite beneath my nemesis to answer to the crux of the piece – you have to expect that to happen and take these things in your stride – it is fun – I had a bit of fun.
Chart the most prolific profiles posting to this forum, pick 10 goods threads, (have a look at the budding food critics) gauge the ‘basic’ psychology behind each profile – be sure they will respond. Plan your campaign or face the consequences when the cookie mix hits the fan.
You have to take the raisins with the chocolate chips. When you provoke opinions, be big enough to deal with them.
Learn something – especially if consumers tell you a number of things that might later improve your business.
Frank got a good ride from this fracas – well done Frank! I am going to visit his cookie empire tomorrow as a direct result of the ‘Cookie Wars’. Old Rhonda Farr was right!
Forums must expect us business types to target their audiences. Expect it, embrace it – seek to profit from our need.
However, I do know Igor, if he wants to be altruistic, re-invest the money you make back into the marvellous public service you offer to the world free of charge. Do these people realise the time and effort that goes into managing all these fractious alto egos?
I have one question for the forum users – beneath the veneer of the various attacks, there seems to be a common thread – what is wrong with a forum being run like a business and making money?
This forum might benefit from a bit more cash. Show your earnings and make the inferior competition weep. Put the cash to good use. Invest in your users and charity.
There is nothing wrong with making a few quid for good causes.
I am going to visit Igor this week and understand he is much improved. I wish him a speedy recovery.
Andrew McCance

raemac, you make a good point, all this thread does is give publicity to a blog you do not like. I agree, the best thing you can do is delete all references.
Hmm I think I will start insulting Pericles and Igor on my blog. Nothing personal, I love you both, but hey, the publicity.

PS only joking.:D

If you want to visit the http://www.bastay.com/ site, I suggest you copy and paste the address and go directly to the site. When I clicked on the link in the last post:
Rent Buenos Aires most luxurious Apartments I received a malicious host warning from a-squared. I blocked the host and safely got connected. I suggest those who are concerned with visiting sites via unknown hosts that might infect their computer with spyware try a-squared fee for 30 days. Also, always type internet addresses in your address bar as opposed to clicking on blind links.

Of course, it will be of no surprise that my comments on the watch group have never been posted..... I wonder how many others have never been posted either.

I have been hesitant to comment on this whole thing. But being one of the people who didn't like the cookies at S&S, I feel I am at least in part responsible for this whole mess. Just for the record, I am not a robot nor a conspiracy. I am not part of a gang planning the destruction of expat business. I am my own person with my own tastes, likes & dislikes.

The vitriol of the response to the "moderation" of one comment has me very very surprised. The idea that he is being "beaten up" and that we are all jealous of his success is a bit childish really. Yes, that's it. This whole thing is childish.

mini said:
Of course, it will be of no surprise that my comments on the watch group have never been posted..... I wonder how many others have never been posted either.

I have been hesitant to comment on this whole thing. But being one of the people who didn't like the cookies at S&S, I feel I am at least in part responsible for this whole mess. Just for the record, I am not a robot nor a conspiracy. I am not part of a gang planning the destruction of expat business. I am my own person with my own tastes, likes & dislikes.

The vitriol of the response to the "moderation" of one comment has me very very surprised. The idea that he is being "beaten up" and that we are all jealous of his success is a bit childish really. Yes, that's it. This whole thing is childish.

While I understand your point, I can't help but wonder if you liked his cookies if you would feel the same way.

soulskier said:
While I understand your point, I can't help but wonder if you liked his cookies if you would feel the same way.

Why would it matter if I lived his cookies or not? This is my opinion on his reaction, not on his product. I've only commented because, as I said, I feel slightly responsible for the whole kerfuffle.

Anyway, my answer is: Yes. IMO, his reaction has been over top. However, had I not put up my comments on his product you wouldn't have heard from me on this topic. He is not being "beaten up" nor is his character being maligned.

ETA: Let me just clarify, I'm not just talking about Frank. I'm talking about the whole mess. There are some very wild things being said about basically the fact that Frank didn't like that ONE of his posts was deleted.

Back