Wines in B.A.

Kasper Thomas

Registered
Here is some tips for good and not to expensive wines when you go to a restaurant in Buenos Aires:

-Alamos, (malbec or syrah)
-Septima, (carbernet sauvignon)
-Dona Paula, (pinot noir)
-Los Haroldos, (malbec)

And if you want some slightly more expensive:
-Alma negro, (misterio)
-Rutini

Of course this is just a few, but they have these in most restaurants in B.A.

If you'd like a less expensive Rutini with all the taste go for Trumpeter.

If you'd like a better Alamos, and why not if you are in BsAs, go for DV Catena malbec with your pasta, lomo or bife de chorizo, and for a special occasion splurge and savor the Angelica Zapata. The Catena Zapata bodega is worth a visit if you are in Mendoza.

che said:
If you'd like a less expensive Rutini with all the taste go for Trumpeter.

If you'd like a better Alamos, and why not if you are in BsAs, go for DV Catena malbec with your pasta, lomo or bife de chorizo, and for a special occasion splurge and savor the Angelica Zapata. The Catena Zapata bodega is worth a visit if you are in Mendoza.

De acuerdo. DV Catena and Angelica Zapata....but not exactly cheap.

I don't drink much white wine but the Angelica Zapata Estiba Reserva Chardonnay I had a few years ago was memorable.

Norton D.O.C. Malbec

Surprisingly moderate price and quite tasty. I think that the "Norton" label brings it down, but it's never done me wrong.

St Felician Tributo Al 2o Centanario.

Knock out malbec that I'd put up there with Catena's single vineyard offerings for a fraction of the price.

Napoleon said:
Norton D.O.C. Malbec

Surprisingly moderate price and quite tasty. I think that the "Norton" label brings it down, but it's never done me wrong.

I just had the Norton D.O.C malbec 2009 tonight and I must agree, that is also a good wine to a fair price...

The Norton DOC is a really good everyday table wine. Some others I'm partial to:

Cheap (relatively): Weinert Carrascal.

Moderate (relatively): Escorihuela Gascon Syrah

Expensive (relatively): Bramare (greenish label)

Really expensive (absolutely!): Bramare Cobos (no relation).

My current cheap wine:

2008 Lorca Fantasia - $28 really awesome.

Vino -- who has tried the 135 Anniversario -- Goyenechea -- for the price and the enjoyment I doubt you find a comparison to it.. however there is the challenge as I enjoy my vino very much and am willing to try more and more too.. many thanks. This winery is based outside of San Rafael by about 60km. If you take the time to go there some day you can enjoy a winery in the same family for 5 generations which I do not believe is true of any other winery here in Argentina. You will find like a small village with their own church next to the winery. Open fields of grapes. You can sit outside the winery .. drink their wine and enjoy some wonderful food they will prepare for you too. It is so far out of the town very few people ever go there to experience this particular enjoyment. We have done it and suggest if you are in the area please do so too. Here in BA the only place I believe for this vino is at Jumbo. If you have other choices in your wines I would enjoy hearing about them too.

Back