Winter Clothes for BA

OK, I went to a wine tasting tonight and the "F-Me Boots" were out in full force. About half the girls were wearing them.

I don't know if you're a girl or not, but if you are... YOU HAVE TO BUY SOME BOOTS HERE!!

If you're not... YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR WIFE/GIRLFRIEND BUY SOME BOOTS HERE!!

I mean, I'm just sayin'... ;)

4 degrees celsius this morning... I think it's going to be a cold winter!

Must really vary by the part of town you are in. The thermometer on our balcony showed this morning an outside temp of 10.5 C. (51 F) Cold enough for a jacket, though.

The answer is yes. As cold as in Ny, but without the snow- Humid winters.. brrr-.. Bring heavy sweaters and coats. Keep Warm!

You're not going to be wading through snow...but come prepared for chilly weather. Buenos Aires is pretty unpredictable but a not-too-heavy winter coat and lots of layers would be wise just in case. And a lot of apartments don't have great heating so some extra layers for indoors is a good idea too...

betts said:
Hi All,
We are counting down only 10 more days until we leave for BA! We will be there for 3 months exactly during winter. So my question is what winter clothes to pack. Does it get cold enough for a winter coat and heavy sweaters? How about winter boots? Gloves, hat etc.? Thanks!

Ashley said:
...and lots of layers would be wise just in case...
If you take the subte in the winter, it can go from a wind-chill of near freezing on the street level, to about 85F (~30C) in the subte... and you will be MELTING!!

Then again, you can always take your clothes off on the subte.

pericles said:
Argentina can get much colder than many Europeans and USA citizens believe and even in Buenos Aires it can get very cold at times with a wind chill factor of -5 at times.

A few years ago in the Big Chill of 2007 I remember the month of July being frozen as I was staying in a old antique house with high ceilings and no central heating and every morning it was around 0 degrees and never reached more than 15 degrees the whole month .

I remeber it well, you warned me and I did not belive. We bought some cracking winter gear here though. I remeber our portero (retired last year) saying his mother had told him about snow, but he had never seen it.
For the most part though 15 degrees is not cold, we get that sometimes mid summer in the UK

We've been here in BsAs for a number of years; in the winter we use sweaters and sometimes a winter coat, often dressing in layers. We have used gloves at times but never boots...that's for further south.
Have a great trip!

Back