Winter Olympics

I'm hoping, considering 2 years ago, they hadn't launched the service, they do an HD only channel for the games.

Some days I even miss the snow. Will probably get over that in a week once I'm living with air conditioning.

Definitely up for watching the games somewhere.

I definitely miss snow sometimes! Well, it's like this heat: it's nice for a while, then you get sick of it and want to go on vacation.

It's ESPN. And there are two ESPN channels and they will probably spread coverage across both channels.

But it is ESPN, ESPN, ESPN. I watch the sports channels pretty exclusively and I've taken note that it's ESPN as recently as last night.

Canadian here as well, totally in favour of watching the hockey games as well as other events. Maybe someone who knows the city well can organize and turn this into an event or two?

What a time to be away from Canada!

I knooow, I'm going to be in Buenos Aires for the Winter Olympics and in Toronto for the World Cup!! :( It's all back-asswards!!

Anyway, yes, I will try to take on the task of finding a bar willing to commit to showing the hockey games, at least the Canadian ones, since there does seem to be more Canadians in this forum than I thought and therefore a customer base for the bar. So a great opportunity for us to get to know each other and finally see some Sidney Crosby action live for once!

Reactions: BAT
Im in. Thanks for taking on the task unstuck. Go Canada!

I´m in too! Just let me know when and where. Thanks for taking this on.

Looks like el Alamo is going to be the best place, mostly because they have slingboxes. -- I don't know about you, but I'd rather watch the Olympics on an American channel than listening to a couple of latin-american commentators wrap their head around Ice Hockey! I'll let yall know when the games are

Did anyone ever find out what bars will be showing the Games?
I don´t have ESPN at home....

Back