Witnessed A Robbery...

Before long, we'll all need to stroll around wearing an HEV suit, as Gordon Freeman has to.

Putting gun at your face and snatching is another thing you can't avoid it, but Pickpocketing??? I always wondered how they do that, until I met one of pick-pocketer (he was admitted in the same hospital as I was so we became kind of friends) I asked him how they do that, and he told me he chose most stupid looking person out of street follow him for a while and do it with a little blade.

No offense but if you are victim of pick-pocketing you should blame yourselves.

Putting gun at your face and snatching is another thing you can't avoid it, but Pickpocketing??? I always wondered how they do that, until I met one of pick-pocketer (he was admitted in the same hospital as I was so we became kind of friends) I asked him how they do that, and he told me he chose most stupid looking person out of street follow him for a while and do it with a little blade.

No offense but if you are victim of pick-pocketing you should blame yourselves.

I've seen some stupid f***ing comments on this forum, but your's takes the f***ing biscuit!

I've seen some stupid f***ing comments on this forum, but your's takes the f***ing biscuit!

Dude, it was my personal opinion, if you can not take care of your belongings you are stupid... but it's alright if you don't like my opinion, but don't come to language which define your mentality which is pretty low.

By bullying me like this, you will get nothing, you are dork and moron who is hiding behind his computer and spreading shit because he was molested when he was a child. Grow up dude I feel sorry for you...

Dude, it was my personal opinion, if you can not take care of your belongings you are stupid... but it's alright if you don't like my opinion, but don't come to language which define your mentality which is pretty low.

By bullying me like this, you will get nothing, you are dork and moron who is hiding behind his computer and spreading shit because he was molested when he was a child. Grow up dude I feel sorry for you...

To summarise, people who get robbed are stupid and if we disagree we are immature, moronic child abuse victims.

Have I got that right?

You don't come across very well here, diplomatically speaking.

To summarise, people who get robbed are stupid and if we disagree we are immature, moronic child abuse victims.

Have I got that right?

You don't come across very well here, diplomatically speaking.

Come on man, getting robbed on gun point is completely different, then to get your pocket picked by some junkie, you just people don't read it, or may be it is my fault not to write in a correct way.

No where I said getting robbed is stupid, I said it in my very first post in this thread that, you can not avoid robbery if some one pointing gun at you, but you can certainly avoid getting your pocket picked

I think what he was trying to say is that they choose from the crowd most easiest target. you may have been careful most of the time but probably that day in particular you were not all that careful and unfortunately that was the day this person stole from you.

Crow bar in hand I chased two would be muggers down Pueyrredon a few months ago. They unsuccessfully tried to mug my G/friends 15yr old son. Couldn't catch them. On the Subte I stopped a pick pocket just before he put his hand inside a girls purse. For me it's just so obvious when something's about to go down, I have successfully interfered & stopped five attempted muggings. Often I witness robberies or I see them just before they occur. A week ago I was out for my evening walk going down Santa Fe, passing Ayacucho towards 9 de Julio when I witnessed a group of young thieves make off with an elderly ladies hand bag, it makes my blood boil & I hate that people just don't seem to care. I hope no one ever tries to mug me cause I swear I'm not going to go down without a fight. When possible, I'll very politely & gently try to warn tourists not to walk with their backpacks on their backs, especially in crowded places.

No I'm not here to be a hero, I do it out of sheer anger & a feeling that if everyone tried to do their small bit, life could be a lot harder for these parasites.

So far after 5 years of being back here I have never been pick pocketed, touch wood.

Be careful. If someone mugs you and they have a gun or knife, do not resist. Sometimes people are drugged and don't know what they are doing.

Back