Witnesses for a Wedding

Rmn1444

Registered
Good everning all,

Appreciate this is a little unorthodox, but we are getting a little desperate. Me and my girlfriend are planning to get married at the end of the month. We have a date as well as a translator for me and we already have one person who has agreed to be a witness for us, however we are really struggling to find the 2nd. We are both foreigners and have been here together for 5 months. While my girlfriend has residency, she works online and we are shy people and therefore do not have too many opportunities to meet people. As far as we know the person needs to have a DNI, but can be an extranjero as long as they have a high level in spanish.

Would anyone be willing to do this for us? Or does anyone have any suggestions as to how we could find someone who could do it for us?

Happy to answer any questions, or meet up to chat about it. You’d be doing us a massive favor as we’d really like to make this commitment to each other prior to us having to be apart for a period of time while we sort out the next steps in our lives.

Cheers

.....Me and my girlfriend are planning to get married at the end of the month.....Would anyone be willing to do this for us?....Happy to answer any questions....
Due to the urgency of your request, I suggest you also post the appt date, time and place of the proposed ceremony.

Why don't you go to one of the local churches that has English services, tell them your story and if they think you are sincere and suited for marriage they may sponsor you.

Due to the urgency of your request, I suggest you also post the appt date, time and place of the proposed ceremony.

Of course! the date we have is the 28th Feburary at 10:45 in the Civil Registry on Uruguay 753.

Why don't you go to one of the local churches that has English services, tell them your story and if they think you are sincere and suited for marriage they may sponsor you.

This is good shout, we had thought about asking at a church but as it's not a place we normally go I wasn't too sure. You're right though, it's definitely worth a search. Can anyone recommend any churches in the recoleta area?

Last edited:
I have to say it....this poor guy is in over his head....and he hasn't even 'broken the ice' yet!!!!!

Since you don't speak Spanish you will probably have to look for a church like the Protestant one in Acassuso that serves the foreign community. Why don't you google the topic. I think though any responsible clergy will want to be sure you are suited to be married before helping,

This is good shout, we had thought about asking at a church but as it's not a place we normally go I wasn't too sure. You're right though, it's definitely worth a search.
I believe this is the church referred to by sergio...
Meetings in English on Sundays at 10:00 am.
Our office and main campus is located in the northern zone of greater Buenos Aires, in the city of Acassuso on Av. Santa Fe 839, which sits between Martinez and San Isidro. Please use Catamarca 45 entrance after 10 am on Sundays.

Why can't your translator be the second witness? If not, there should be plenty of people willing to be a witness that happen to be waiting for whatever they came for in the Civil Registry.

If you offer $100US, you will have a line of Argentine citizens out your door.

When I have needed this type of help in Latin America, I have often approached my landlord. I phrased it as, "I need this little bit of help and if I don't get it, I will have to leave the country." It was in the landlord's interest that the apartment remain rented. So they have always been willing to help.

Back