Witnesses for a Wedding

Why can't your translator be the second witness? If not, there should be plenty of people willing to be a witness that happen to be waiting for whatever they came for in the Civil Registry.
As far as i am aware, it has to be a another person. But I will check to make sure. And unfortunately we can't just get someone on the day, we need to submit who will be doing it prior to the date.

I did this for several expats in the past, unfortunately I am not in the city, you will surely find someone, best of luck!

As far as i am aware, it has to be a another person. But I will check to make sure. And unfortunately we can't just get someone on the day, we need to submit who will be doing it prior to the date.

Just confirmed the translator can't be the second witness. But did confirm it can be someone with any type of vaild DNI (including temporary) as long as they can speak Spanish to a high level.

I'll do it if you can't find someone and I'm not in Córdoba (small chance). I wouldn't call my level of Spanish "high" but it was enough to convince the people at Uruguay 753 that I didn't need a translator to get married there. Is your girlfriend argentine?

I just saw this on reddit... (although I don't believe it)

1581696749166.png

I did this for several expats in the past, unfortunately I am not in the city, you will surely find someone, best of luck!
Thank you! Out of curiosity, what kinda stuff do they ask of the witness? The people at the registry seemed pretty relaxed about the whole thing, but obviously we don't want to put people in an uncomfortable position?

I'll do it if you can't find someone and I'm not in Córdoba (small chance). I wouldn't call my level of Spanish "high" but it was enough to convince the people at Uruguay 753 that I didn't need a translator to get married there. Is your girlfriend argentine?

I just saw this on reddit... (although I don't believe it)

View attachment 6596
Thank you so much for your offer. We'll keep looking but if it's okay I will reach out if we start running out of time!

Thank you so much for your offer. We'll keep looking but if it's okay I will reach out if we start running out of time!

No problem... I'd want to, you know, actually meet first!

Why can't your translator be the second witness? If not, there should be plenty of people willing to be a witness that happen to be waiting for whatever they came for in the Civil Registry.
I agree.

Thank you! Out of curiosity, what kinda stuff do they ask of the witness? The people at the registry seemed pretty relaxed about the whole thing, but obviously we don't want to put people in an uncomfortable position?
They really don't ask anything to the witnesses, we just have to sign some papers along with you. They just have to be 18+ and with a DNI

Back