Witnesses for a Wedding

They really don't ask anything to the witnesses, we just have to sign some papers along with you. They just have to be 18+ and with a DNI
Thanks for this info. Makes me feel more relaxed about finding someone we don't know very well. Hopefully something comes up!

Thanks for this info. Makes me feel more relaxed about finding someone we don't know very well. Hopefully something comes up!

Don't worry. Several decades ago, my first husband, I and a great Roman Catholic priest, were standing in the aisle about to begin the wedding ceremony when the priest suddenly suddenly realized that we were missing a second witness. He couldn't marry us unless we found somebody right away! My groom and I ran into the street and asked the first passerby.He was even well-dressed for a wedding and agreed. This embarrassing mistake took us 2 minutes to fix.

Just an update. Went to a few churches (and a synagogue) and met with some priests and got the answer you'd unfortunately expect - Why aren't you coming to church? Why aren't you having a religious ceremony? and of course you are living in sin, you should probably take confession etc etc.

All true and fair, but not particularly helpful. We are really short on time now unfortunately, so if anyone has any last minute ideas they’d be much appreciated.

Just an update. Went to a few churches (and a synagogue) and met with some priests and got the answer you'd unfortunately expect - Why aren't you coming to church? Why aren't you having a religious ceremony? and of course you are living in sin, you should probably take confession etc etc.

All true and fair, but not particularly helpful. We are really short on time now unfortunately, so if anyone has any last minute ideas they’d be much appreciated.

You might have tried Protestant churches. I suggested one in Acacusso.

I was a witness for an Iranian couple a few years ago, you only need sign the document, provide valid DNI and be over 18. The Official translator and the Judge do all the talking..

Ok ,I could do it for you guys on that date and hour. But just in case, you should get a third volunteer just in case something happens.
My phone is 4687-1604.

No doubt you'll soon be needing a divorce lawyer. They abound in Argentina.

Good everning all,

Appreciate this is a little unorthodox, but we are getting a little desperate. Me and my girlfriend are planning to get married at the end of the month. We have a date as well as a translator for me and we already have one person who has agreed to be a witness for us, however we are really struggling to find the 2nd. We are both foreigners and have been here together for 5 months. While my girlfriend has residency, she works online and we are shy people and therefore do not have too many opportunities to meet people. As far as we know the person needs to have a DNI, but can be an extranjero as long as they have a high level in spanish.

Would anyone be willing to do this for us? Or does anyone have any suggestions as to how we could find someone who could do it for us?

Happy to answer any questions, or meet up to chat about it. You’d be doing us a massive favor as we’d really like to make this commitment to each other prior to us having to be apart for a period of time while we sort out the next steps in our lives.

Cheers

Are you still looking for a witness? Send me a private message if you want to meet up for a chat.

Back