work permit application process from Bs As?

Hi there,

I am arriving in BUE mid July staying for 4.5months. On arrival I need to apply for a work permit. Does anyone know how long the process takes and what documents I need to bring with me from Australia? I am worried I may forget important documents that the DNM might ask me for. Hope someone has some ideas. I have emailed them several times and called them but they don't seem to answer. From the DNM website I clicked on CONTACT US and filled the form with the same questions but no one seems to reply.

Regards
WWT

You will be very lucky to get a reply from any arg gov department, let alone immigration.
Why dont you apply for a working holiday visa, (i think aus now has them with arg) or work visa at the sydney embassy.

Any dealings with immigration takes months, to renew residency visas it is recommended to start at least 3 months before the current one expires, an from my experience that is the case, as everytime you go there they want something else, which has to be obtained, and translated/certified etc. The last time i went to renew i gave up after going 5 times (over a period of 2 1/2 months) to immigration and being told each time i needed something else/different, so i ended up getting renewed in NZ in 2 weeks without 1/2 the stuff immigration in BSAS asked for.

Hello Davonz,
Are you a New Zealand citizen that you applied in NZ???? You said "renewed" so I am assuming you are. I am an Australian Citizen. I was told that if I get a working holiday visa I can only stay 3 months only and cannot reapply to extend another 3 months. In my case I am there for 4.5 months so my extension will be for 1.5months more. You mentioned "renew residency" I am not a resident of Argentina yet but I want to be so the processes would be very different, is that correct or it is the same process and the same length of time to get a residency too?

So if I find work and they give me a contract, are you saying it will take many months to get a working visa/permit?

All Government departments are difficult but it is much more difficult when they don't speak English and even worse when there is NO RESPONSE about any information to help people.

Thanks for your input, it is useful information.

Regards
WWT

Yes i am a kiwi... The working holiday visa is valid for a year - well for kiwis anyways... and once you have had it once you cant renew.

If you are emailing in english i dont think you will ever get a reply.. Your best bet is to contact arg embassy in sydney..

If you get a job offer, it is the employer who will have to sort out the work visa, not you.. Things are not easy here now, so i wouldnt count on getting a job offer..

Here is info on working holiday visas for arg..

Argentina

• Argentina's Working Holiday Program [2] provides opportunities for people aged between 18 and 30 years (inclusive) to holiday in Argentina and to supplement their travel funds through incidental employment.
  • The visa allows a stay of up to 12 months and is available to New Zealand, Australia, Denmark, Ireland and France [3] Citizens.

Here is the link for kiwis who want to do the working holiday visa, i am guessing its the same for au, however when i applied for the rentista visa (temp residency) they wouldnt do it using my aussie passport, and that for argentines to visit aus as a tourist they need a visa where they dont for nz, so maybe its different.

http://www.enzel.mrecic.gob.ar/en/node/3018

Back