Work VISA duration

kl281071

Registered
Hi, I am moving to work in Argentina soon. Does anyone know how long this will take?. I am on an Australian passport. Also, I believe a birth certifcate is required....well, I don't have one. Is this going to be a problem?.

Thanks for that. Do you know how long this process takes. Also, I don't have my birth certificate.....will this be an issue?

kl281071 said:
Thanks for that. Do you know how long this process takes. Also, I don't have my birth certificate.....will this be an issue?

Once you submit the papers it should only take three weeks or so.
Yes, it will be a problem. You must have your birth certificate.

kl281071 said:
thank you....is there a way around the birth certificate issue?

Probably not. Is it impossible for you to get one?. Is there no official record of your birth in the country where you were born? How were you able to get your passport without one?

i was born in south easr asia and there is no record......i carry an australian passport. i didn't have to provide a birth certificate

Both a birth certificate and criminal background report form the country of residence for the past five years are "required" for foreigners applying for visa, yet one individual from the UK posted he did not have to provide the latter. Perhaps Argentine migraciones has dealt with other individuals who lack the birth certificate but have a passport. I suggest you send them an email in Spanish. They usually answer within a day or two. [email protected]

kl281071 said:
i was born in south easr asia and there is no record......i carry an australian passport. i didn't have to provide a birth certificate

I think I understand the scenario you are describing and I imagine that there are probably thousands of Australian passport holders who are in a similar situation to yourself. I imagine, therefore, that there is a solution to the birth certificate problem somewhere. If you are currently in Australia, I think you need to speak with the Department of Justice in your home state or territory and explain your problem to them; if you are currently somewhere else, you need to make contact with the Australian Embassy in your country. Reading this web page - https://www.passports.gov.au/Web/Requirements/BirthCertificates.aspx suggests that there are solutions for difficulties similar to but not the same as yours and this may offer you some avenues to explore.

Once you have what you believe to be a working solution from the Australian government, I strongly suggest that you contact the Argentine Embassy in whichever country you reside and satisfy yourself that they will accept this working solution before you spend a lot of money travelling to Argentina.

And good luck!

Great post, manwithnoname.

I think making contact directly with migraciones here is important, too. They have the final say in these matters. As you probably know, things have been changing recently at migraciones and not getting any easier for foreigners applying for visas.

Back