Working holiday

Calling this a "volunteer program" is really weird. Perhaps the reason is to avoid having PAID EMPLOYEES so the "business" doesn't have to pay the usual employee taxes. If they can get the 'volunteers' to pay, perhaps it would be difficult for AFIP to classify them as employees.

This sounds more like a program for juvenile delinquents (who's parents must pay for when ordered by a court).''especially when I see lines like this, "Horse use is always a privilege and depends on availability."

I KNOW IT'S VOLUNTARY, BUT PAYING SOMEONE ELSE TO BE ABLE TO WORK EIGHT HOURS A DAY DOESN'T SOUND REASONABLE, especially when the volunteers have to chop their own firewood and prepare their own meals and work in the kitchen when paying "guests" (who probably aren't there to work) are present.

If I worked 40 hours a week and lived in primitive conditions (no TV), I would certainly expect to have more to show for it at the end of a month than a $750.00 hit to my bank account. If it was a job that actually paid $750 per month (in addition to the other benefits) I might have a positive attitude toward it.

On the other hand, if I was the parent of a 17 year old who needed a little structure (some tough love) I might be happy to pay.

If the OP would like to spend a month in the country two KM from the ocean, he might consider coming to visit me. I have a four bedroom house on one hectare of land. There would be no obligation to work, either. The total cost should not exceed $1000 (including meals prepared at home). Transportation to and from the Bahia Blanca airport or bus station is on me...and I do have DirecTV...and trail bikes...and wonderful neighbors (some of them are gauchos)...and access to the internet, grocery stores, restaurants, and health care.

for anyone who is interested I found this site:
helpx.net

It which has 29 current oportunities in Argentina. They range from hostel work to farm work. They seem much more up my street, and don't involve paying to work.

Hey there is also a website: workaway.info

Sounds similar to the previous post. I met some people who did it through Europe and they said it was great. I am not sure what is available in Argentina...

Back