Working in "blanco" - Process with migraciones

Lou in BA

Registered
Hi everybody,

I found a job in an argentinian company. I am on a tourist visa. The company seems to have no idea, how to employ a european foreigner. I was supposed to begin today, and they just asked me for the CUIL.

I'd like to make it easy for both of us and give them the right steps to follow. Could anyone help me ?

As I understood, the first step is to ask them for the "precontrato". And then ?

Thank you so much for your help !

Caroline

PS : my french "antecedentes penales" are on their way, I have the "certificado de domicilio", and birth certificates translated and with apostille (but 3 years old... is this a problem ???)

Sigh..

1) The first step is that the company must be registered to employee a foreigner. If they don't have permission to hire an extranjero, the process stops right there. Since they haven't indicated that is the case, I think you have a problem.

2) In the unlikely event that they are registered, they must issue you a "pre-contrato" that has all the information including employer info, salary, hours, etc. With this, you will go to migraciones with all the required paperwork (background check from country of origin, translated and apostilled, background check from here, your long-form bc with the seal and apostille, your passport with all pages copied (and translated if necessary), certificate of domicilo, the precontrato, etc.

3) Once all that is submitted, you go through the process/waiting to get your work visa.

4) You cant legally begin the work relationship until you have received permission to work from Migraciones and all your paperwork is in order.

I found this post by entering the words "work visa precontrato" in search. It includes important info about getting the CUIL:

Maikito said:
The HR dept. needs to be better informed. They have to register at immigrations as a company that hires foreigners "REGISTRO NACIONAL UNICO DE REQUIRENTES DE EXTRANJEROS". They (or a gestor) have to go with you to immigrations with your a work contract and other required documents including the company's CUIT, Owner information etc. ,so you can get the residencia precaria which then becomes a temporary visa. Once that is done you go to ANSES and get a temporary CUIL which you change when you get your DNI. Once you have that 1st CUIL, your job makes the final contract with your CUIL # and you are legally employed in blanco.

This is how my former employer employed extranjeros.

Thank you very much !!!!
Does anyone know if it's complicated or long for a company to be registered at "registro nacional unico de requirentes de extranjeros" ???

Depends. It took my company months and months to receive the registrations but I know of other companies that got it done in less than 2 months.

I am one of those people that believes that all "trámites" here should be done by the person they are for. However registering a company with migraciones here is no easy task, they ask for a lot of accounting and tax related info amongst other things. I used a gestor and had no problem and it got done in a few days. Everybody else here I know who did it themselves had a difficult time doing it. It can be done, but you had better have lots of patience for a long and drawn out process.

dont try to do this procedure by yourself, it is the best way to get a deportation order.
If they can hire you under the table, that would be better for you. Otherwise, if they realize what to hire you means, they might regret and fire you.
Among other requirements, they have to explain why they hire you instead of a citizen. They will have inspections.
So, the other bad news is thet they should pay for the paralegal for doing the tramite.
It is ten times easier that you enroll in some kind of studies at a public institut and then you get a precaria with its working permission.
However, it is a transitory solution. If you are planing to stay here for some years, i suggest you apply for citizenship. Regards

Thanks everybody for the answers !

- Does anyone know a "gestor" that could help for the tramite ?
- What would be advantage/desadvantage of doing the working visa versus the student visa ?

Lou in BA said:
What would be advantage/desadvantage of doing the working visa versus the student visa ?

I'm sorry, but I have to answer this question with a number of questions:

Will having a student visa make it possible for you to work for the same company if they are not registered with migraciones to hire foreigners?

Even if that makes you qualified for the visa, are you willing to become a full time student?

Is the student visa the easiest way to get a work visa?

What if you never go to class and your "cover" is blown?

steveinbsas said:
I'm sorry, but I have to answer this question with a number of questions:

Will having a student visa make it possible for you to work for the same company if they are not registered with migraciones to hire foreigners?

Yes! Once you have a precaria you are entitle to work anywhere.

steveinbsas said:
Even if that makes you qualified for the visa, are you willing to become a full time student?

steveinbsas said:
Is the student visa the easiest way to get a work visa?

Once you get a visa, you can work.

steveinbsas said:
What if you never go to class and your "cover" is blown?

Then you get a deportation order. The whole idea is to go to class.

Regards

Back