Tax Deductions working remotely in BA

jlf1969

Registered
Hello,

I am a US expat working for a US company remotely. I file 1099 taxes each year I have been in BA. My question is, if you buy things here for your work, can you use them as a tax deduction on your taxes? I don't know if you can since the products are purchased outside the US, but if you can do that, I will save receipts.

Hello,

each year I have been in BA
Oh boy, this right here, this is what AFIP is after. You're an Argentine tax resident and you've been breaking the law for years it seems, and I assume you also don't pesify at the official exchange rate, so add some more law breaking, in addition to money laundering. Think to yourself: are writing off a few pens or dinners worth "clients" worth the IRS acting on the AFIP-IRS agreement signed last year? You've managed to stay under the radar so far, probably best not to rock the boat.

Yeah, don't rock the boat. Let's be real. How much in expenses are you trying to write off?

Realistically Argentina has so many issues no way you writing them off will cause any realistic issues but why rock the boat?

Hello,

I am a US expat working for a US company remotely. I file 1099 taxes each year I have been in BA. My question is, if you buy things here for your work, can you use them as a tax deduction on your taxes? I don't know if you can since the products are purchased outside the US, but if you can do that, I will save receipts.
As a contractor, if you purchase an item, such as a notebook, that you intend to use for your business, you should report it as a business expense on Schedule C of your tax return (maybe, in installments over a number of years). This does not mean that you are deducting the expense directly from your taxes. I don't believe the location of the purchase is relevant to this issue.

Back