World Cup Ticket Applicants

Markgeezer

Registered
For those of you who already applied through the FIFA website... anyone have any news.. did you make multiple applications. I've heard that there were over 1 m. applications from non-Brazilian residents, 2nd application phase. Be good to hear any exchange of info here.

Also I have worked out the cheapest way to fly from Argentina to and within Brasil in the WC, but obviously I am waiting on my own tickets.

Abrazo de gol, as they say in Arg,

Mark

There's a current GOL offer for flights inside Brasil, jump on that!
If you are applying, try to avoid Argentine CCs, unofficial version is that the local banks reject anything substantial in foreign currency unless you call at the moment the payment is being rejected and try again.
Flying to Brasil, there were many amazing offers <$2000 pesos but right now you have to shoot as low $3000 to SAO.

There's a current GOL offer for flights inside Brasil, jump on that!
If you are applying, try to avoid Argentine CCs, unofficial version is that the local banks reject anything substantial in foreign currency unless you call at the moment the payment is being rejected and try again.
Flying to Brasil, there were many amazing offers <$2000 pesos but right now you have to shoot as low $3000 to SAO.

I wasn't asking for flight info gaucho_ec but thanks for your insight. it's the match tickets that are the big deal !!!

Who will buy flights before they have their stadium tickets secure... hence my mail asking for others experience with their fifa applications, and if anyone has any news. I'm hoping that FIFA knows what it is doing with this WC, but who could trust them.

Well, I studied Portuguese for the last 2 years and I was up to be there either working as sports journalists, or even without a ticket, make base in a nice beach town near Argentina or US camps and see if I could get one there. But life got in the way. Future Mrs. still doesn't know of my "We make semis and I take the first flight" promise though :p
BTW back to ticket info, Americans seemed to grab a lot, and my Argie side would tell me to go anyway. I think there will be more than a local or two scalping his cheaply acquired ticket. Learn some basic futebol (foo-chee-ball) word, the almighty tudo legal (choo-doh le-gauw) and you're in! :p

Aren't free flights, tickets and accommodations part of Futbol para Todos? What about choripanes?

Tickets allotted to Argentina are supposedly all sold out, there were many complaints that they allotted far too few to here considering proximity of country and obviously furor for futbol. If you have residency in another country ie Canada, USA, France, etc you may have more luck getting tickets. We had a friend in Canada apply and are waiting to hear if he gets any. Obviously if you go to Brasil there will be resale of tickets but for very marked up prices.

They allocated 889,305 tickets from a total of 6.2 million requests, which trounces South Africa’s 2010 World Cup numbers of 381,559 from 1.8 million requests, and beats out Germany’s 652,521 tickets from 8 million requests for the 2006 World Cup.
Of the 889,305 tickets, FIFA is reporting that 625,276 (71.5%) of the tickets went to Brazilian residents with only 264,029 (28.5%) being distributed among applicants from other countries. From those countries, The United States and England top the list of countries receiving the highest ticket allocations with 66,646 and 22,257 respectively, but some of the other countries on the list may be a little surprising.

They allocated 889,305 tickets from a total of 6.2 million requests, which trounces South Africa’s 2010 World Cup numbers of 381,559 from 1.8 million requests, and beats out Germany’s 652,521 tickets from 8 million requests for the 2006 World Cup.
Of the 889,305 tickets, FIFA is reporting that 625,276 (71.5%) of the tickets went to Brazilian residents with only 264,029 (28.5%) being distributed among applicants from other countries. From those countries, The United States and England top the list of countries receiving the highest ticket allocations with 66,646 and 22,257 respectively, but some of the other countries on the list may be a little surprising.
http://www.businessofsoccer.com/2013/11/06/fifa-releases-ticket-allocation-stats-for-the-2014-world-cup/

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/news/newsid=2218428/

71.5% of tickets allotted have gone to Brasilians, only 28% to foreigners

The application process for the random selection phase began on the 20th of August and ended on the 10th of October and it didn’t matter when you applied because you had an equal probability of selection regardless of when the application was put in. Obviously the first come first serve is self explanatory so it is safe to assume that servers will be quite bogged down on November 11th when that window opens. It is also doubtful that any tickets will be available anytime near the end of the window on November 18th since 2.5 million of the requests for the random selection were put in during the first 24 hours that the window opened

Ugh looks like I totally spammed from that article! will edit to delete additional links!

Tickets have your name and passport number on them.
The application for non Brazilians is open until 30 January, while Brazilians supposedly hold the majority.
Work it out but we may well see empty seats as in S. Africa, unless FIFA don't follow their own entrance regulations.

Back