world cup viewing for the english

hey

just like to add to this that we watched the Champions league final in Sugar the other day. it's the most success we've had in a bar here for football-sound and everything!! the staff are friendly. bit like a cave but that doesn't matter i guess.

so i would recommend sugar.

stay away from the Alamo at all costs! Unless you want a local shouting at you if they don't like your cheering etc.

I watched Arg/Can & England/Mex yesterday at Sugar.

They can only have sound from one feed at a time, so the Arg/Can game was on the bigger screen in the back and they had the sound. England was on the front screen.

Only one game is played at a time for the first two matches in the group stage of the World Cup. Then the third games of each stage are played at the same time.

That means that Sugar should be PACKED with Yanquis & English for the first game of the group stage, but for the 3rd game, the US & England will be playing at the same time (but not against each other). I would think that there will be more yanq's than English, so the USA vs. ???? game will get the sound. It would have been so much easier if USA vs England was the 3rd game instead of the first.

As a Brit here during the World Cup 2001 Arg-vs England match...my advice would be to stay sealed within your own residence if the two teams meet again! I received all kinds of threats including my neighbours in the building in front offering my flatmates money to sling me off the balcony! Christ knows how a Brit outside would have fared!
I'd deffo be up for watching the England games at a bar...so long as it's not one of the usuals...

I am also going to Sugar to check the games out.. plus the new food is actually good... it is a cave like place.... but it has improved!!!
I am looking forward to getting a little of the world cup fever!!!!

Wherever you decide can you post as this English girl needs to watch the England matches with other English people and preferably with a pint in her hand!

Post on Thames and Nicaragua has got a big screen, is cool and chilled out and has already said that they will show all England games for us. That's where my husband and I aswell as our English friends will be heading.

Back