Worldwide Us State Dept Wardens

rpkerston

Registered
Howdy, again!

In my daily perusal of online news around the world, just today, I've stumbled upon the 1st of the URLs / links, below... and realized that I'd somehow never before heard of such a thing!

As Spock might say: "Fascinating!" It honestly never occurred to me that this semi-official / unofficial system existed (as I've certainly never needed it, myself).

I'm fairly well-travelled (40 countries, 7 continents; lived in 5 countries; hold 2 citizenships) but just never ran across the subject, and I now realize that - of course - it was there for me to see all along...

I wonder what others have known before, and could add now, perhaps?

And... while I hold 2 citizenships, dare I say that I travel on my Canadian passport as I believe it is somewhat more likely (my behaviour, of course, notwithstanding) to KEEP me out of trouble via its use; however, my US passport seems (to me, anyway) more likely to actually GET me out of any trouble (I think)... or it once would have, anyway... (I'm referencing the likely 'weight' of government behind-the-scenes diplomatic work... though Canada does, I think, rank right up there... sometimes...).

So, I wonder: Does anyone know if Canada has any such similar system?

Seems like Canada does:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/japan-japon/consular_services_consulaires/registration-inscription.aspx?lang=eng

At any rate, I'm sure if there's something the US embassy wants Americans to know about and one of these people starts to communicate to the community, I don't see why they wouldn't tell some Canadian friends too. Americans and Canadians mingle like they are from the same country when overseas.

Back