Would you like to spend the rest of your life in Argentina?

UK Man

Registered
I've been here almost 14 years.....I think!!

I'll be 65 years young this July and am unsure whether I want to still be here in my dotage.

I've been here almost 14 years.....I think!!
you
I'll be 65 years young this July and am unsure whether I want to still be here in my dotage.

Did you get health insurance? If so, are you aware that at your age it can double or treble in one jump?

Maybe in retirement/relaxation but not when I'm trying to earn and live a "productive" life.

Did you get health insurance? If so, are you aware that at your age it can double or treble in one jump?

Yes we have a very good health insurance....OSDE I think the company is called. What concerns me most isn't the cost but having to travel to the capital which is a three hour road journey away. Whereas a similar sized town in Scotland to the one I live in here can provide better quality treatment and care for free!!

Yes we have a very good health insurance....OSDE I think the company is called. What concerns me most isn't the cost but having to travel to the capital which is a three hour road journey away. Whereas a similar sized town in Scotland to the one I live in here can provide better quality treatment and care for free!!

Health care is best in BA, generally poor in the provinces. As for cost, unless you have been in a plan for many years. once you reach a certain age (I think about 65 or 66) the cost goes up around 3x. Depending on the exchange rate, it might be expensive.

Health care is best in BA, generally poor in the provinces. As for cost, unless you have been in a plan for many years. once you reach a certain age (I think about 65 or 66) the cost goes up around 3x. Depending on the exchange rate, it might be expensive.

The wife takes care of things like that...I gave up years ago understanding how things work here. :) OSDE does seem to attract more four letter words from the missus than any other company mail.

Did not know if this has been covered in another thread but I have been researching if my Argentine wife could collect my ss survivors benefits if she continued to live in Argentina as they were not part of some treaty . Does anybody with an Argentine spouse have any information on this . This could influence my thoughts on relocating permanently. Thanks

I moved her permanently in 2005 and except for one trip back to the US long ago to atttend my High School's
50th, have not been back since. As you can see by the picture, I'm married and my family really is hers since
I have no living relatives (a "cosmic orphan") and I have no "reason" to repatriate. My only wish after nearly
16 years is that my ability to learn Spanisn were better. Whew.

Back