Would you like to spend the rest of your life in Argentina?

Yes definitely. My husband is Argentine,and I have worked/lived in there on and off for 20 years. We have been building a house on a small plot for the last few years. It's pretty much ready now. The only thing that holds me back is our two children. I'm worried they wont like it and will miss the uk. They are more British than Argentine and will go from a quiet existence in a rural hamlet on the suffolk/norfolk borders to 4,0000000 relatives visiting every day (sometimes walking through the door after 11pm!) But I love them all (and Argentina) dearly,so our move is imminent.

Yes definitely. My husband is Argentine,and I have worked/lived in there on and off for 20 years. We have been building a house on a small plot for the last few years. It's pretty much ready now. The only thing that holds me back is our two children. I'm worried they wont like it and will miss the uk. They are more British than Argentine and will go from a quiet existence in a rural hamlet on the suffolk/norfolk borders to 4,0000000 relatives visiting every day (sometimes walking through the door after 11pm!) But I love them all (and Argentina) dearly,so our move is imminent.

Kids are easier to please than us adults so I'm sure it'll be an adventure for them.

Must admit I found it to be an adventure as well for many years. My problem is I haven't been able to get away for several years and I'm getting a bit fed up with it. Then this flippin' virus came along.

yes.....although I would have to admit that at various points of my life I would have responded......yes, I want to spend the rest of my life in Manhattan.... yes, I want to spend the rest of my life in San Rafael, Ca. .....Yes, I want to spend the rest of my life on my sailboat......and here I am in Buenos Aires saying'' yes'' again....one factor.....I'm older now, so there is less time remaining for my mind to be changed for me...ergo......this could be the ''yes'' that matters.

Yes, if I could get rid of the horrible allergies to airborne pollen. It doesn't look promising at this point.

Yes, if I could get rid of the horrible allergies to airborne pollen. It doesn't look promising at this point.
I find that I tolerate Loratadine quite well, the capsules seem to be most effective. In Europe I used to use cromoglycic acid / cromoglycate sulphate in the weeks leading up to the allergy season, but I've never been able to find it here in Argentina. Maybe someone could mule it in.

Fortunately, in my case in Europe I was mainly bugged by birch pollen, and here it's for a few weeks in October / November.

yes.....although I would have to admit that at various points of my life I would have responded......yes, I want to spend the rest of my life in Manhattan.... yes, I want to spend the rest of my life in San Rafael, Ca. .....Yes, I want to spend the rest of my life on my sailboat......and here I am in Buenos Aires saying'' yes'' again....one factor.....I'm older now, so there is less time remaining for my mind to be changed for me...ergo......this could be the ''yes'' that matters.

Perhaps I should have asked "Where would you like to spend the rest of your life?''

Must admit and I'm probably wrong....most Argentina expats do seem to be dollar earners and only here for the cheap ride.

Back