WU reduction fee

Carloncho

Registered
I am a US and Argentinian citizen, and I am planning to retire in Baires and transfer my SS payments using Western Union. WU fees are much smaller when paying at the store than online. Anybody knows about WU "fee reduction" to send money to ourselves overseas, BA in this case?

Check with Banco Piano, they have a SSN deposit-transfer service, do not know their fees though.

You get the official rate through a bank. You get the blue rate from Western Union. Twice as much.
Yes, that's what I know. WU charges 7% paying with debit card and it's the only way living abroad. I thought there was a sort of reduction maybe like WU taking money from my checking account. Anyway, I live in Arizona so do you live in AZ as well? Thanks

Yes, that's what I know. WU charges 7% paying with debit card and it's the only way living abroad. I thought there was a sort of reduction maybe like WU taking money from my checking account. Anyway, I live in Arizona so do you live in AZ as well? Thanks
If the transfer is from your US checking account for cash collection in BA. The rate is lower?

If the transfer is from your US checking account for cash collection in BA. The rate is lower?

The transfer fee will vary based on the source and the final destination of the funds to be transferred, but the rate wil be the same.

The transfer fee will vary based on the source and the final destination of the funds to be transferred, but the rate wil be the same...
...for a transaction at the instant the transfer is initiated.

Of course the rate can chenge any time.

I retired to Buenos Aires in 2018. I have a great life here. Far better than I could have in the States. I will never return to the states. I don't want get shot.

You get the official rate through a bank. You get the blue rate from Western Union. Twice as much.
Pesification does not occur when you transfer funds from a foreign account abroad to a USD account here unless said transfer reason is subject to the MULC regulations, which SS payments are not.

US Banks do however charge fees for the outgoing SWIFT transfer and Argentine ones charge for the incoming one, (fees vary by bank) and depending on the Blue v.s. CCL/WU exchange rate, WU is likely better unless you need actual dollars.

Pesification does not occur when you transfer funds from a foreign account abroad to a USD account here unless said transfer reason is subject to the MULC regulations, which SS payments are not.

US Banks do however charge fees for the outgoing SWIFT transfer and Argentine ones charge for the incoming one, (fees vary by bank) and depending on the Blue v.s. CCL/WU exchange rate, WU is likely better unless you need actual dollars.
I want nothing to do with the banking system here. Nothing. I will be all efectivo as long as humanly possible.

Back