WU reduction fee

I use Xoom to transfer money from my US bank account to my Santander account here in BA. If you transfer anything over U$D 300 then there's no transfer fee if you do it bank to bank. Maybe the rate is not as good as WU but I love the hassle free aspect of it.

There are private finance companies that charge about 5% or so to transfer dollars to dollars from a US bank to US bank and they deliver dollars or pesos in Argentina. YMMV.

There are private finance companies that charge about 5% or so to transfer dollars to dollars from a US bank to US bank and they deliver dollars or pesos in Argentina. YMMV.
Can you give us names of some of them? What companies and what banks? Thanks.

Can you give us names of some of them? What companies and what banks? Thanks.
I can tell you that they exist and they're not banks.

Ask around.

Western Union is usually cheaper depending on the rate, but if you're moving 10K, it's a $600 round trip to Miami, which is still 6% if you aren't otherwise monetizing your trip.
Basically you wire transfer from US bank to US bank and they give you dollars/pesos, usually delivered to you or your designee, with a 5% or so fee paid as part of the transfer. Pesos at blue rate. Process takes 2 days more or less.

Thanks. It is reassuring that there is a way. Still, it doesn't help demystify the process from someone trying to plan a potential property purchase from outside the US. I don't have much of a chance to ask around, long distance.

Thanks. It is reassuring that there is a way. Still, it doesn't help demystify the process from someone trying to plan a potential property purchase from outside the US. I don't have much of a chance to ask around, long distance.
Let me check to see if I can find some public info. They’re legitimate.

Back