Xiaomi to start production of smartphones in Argentina

Is this maybe related to the improved relations between Argentina and China? I know very little about Argentina’s international relations, but saw a video yesterday regarding the increasing ties between Argentina and China. This video was actually uploaded yesterday I believe, so it seems to be recent news.

I'm all for this, we currently get Samsung products on the cheap because of backwards K ISI policy. They just buy the parts in China and Vietnam and get them constructed here instead of China; none of the actual real labor (i.e. making processors/RAM/etc.) takes place in Argentina, yet they slap a "Industria Tiera del Fuego" sticker on it, and I pay 20% to 40% less than I would in the US for a new phone/TV. My 50" 4K TV was barely $300. Bring on the cheap routers, Android TV, and tablets!

I'm all for this, we currently get Samsung products on the cheap because of backwards K ISI policy. They just buy the parts in China and Vietnam and get them constructed here instead of China; none of the actual real labor (i.e. making processors/RAM/etc.) takes place in Argentina, yet they slap a "Industria Tiera del Fuego" sticker on it, and I pay 20% to 40% less than I would in the US for a new phone/TV. My 50" 4K TV was barely $300. Bring on the cheap routers, Android TV, and tablets!
Where did you get a TV that cheap?

Where did you get a TV that cheap?

Mercadolibre during a sale; it's $377 now due to inflation, but still pretty great deals to be had. I bought my Samsung Tablet I use for work for $150 USD less than I would have paid on Amazon, and the S22 Ultra is coming out this week and I'll likely pick it up in the next couple of months for $200 to $400 USD less than in the US or Europe. The only time I'm going to unironically say Gracias Alberto! ;)

Back