Xoom (Or Other Method) For Non Us Citizen (I.e. No Us Acc)

peterrosenthorn

Registered
Hi,

I was trying to setup Xoom, but then realised they only accept payment from US Bank Accounts / CC, etc.
I enquired about Paypal, but they said they don't accept right now.
I'm Australian Citizen.
Is there anyway around this? Or a better strategy?
I'm sure there must be an up to date thread somewhere here, but haven't found it yet.

Also, does anyone know if ATM's in Carmelo give US Dollars? And if so, do they sting you per transaction?
The last time I was in Colonia, there was a limit of $200 per withdrawl and a decent fee from both the ATM and my bank, etc.
So I had to make multiple withdrawls and pay the fees each time. That along with boat ticket almost made it same as using ATM here.
Is this the same in Montevideo, Carmelo, etc.
(What about Chile, Brazil?)

Is there a running thread on this?

Solutions I'm looking at:
I hear a Citibank Australia account has no ATM fees, so that could be an option, but still requires getting the card sent here and then still going to Uruguay, etc.

Muchas Gracias!!

Exchange4free and Azimo work for the European folks. Might work for Aussie s too.

Great minds work in the same direction. :=) See my "Importing money" thread written at virtually the same time you were writing this.

Admin....can you combine these threads?

T/

Hi,

I was trying to setup Xoom, but then realised they only accept payment from US Bank Accounts / CC, etc.
I enquired about Paypal, but they said they don't accept right now.
I'm Australian Citizen.
Is there anyway around this? Or a better strategy?
I'm sure there must be an up to date thread somewhere here, but haven't found it yet.

Also, does anyone know if ATM's in Carmelo give US Dollars? And if so, do they sting you per transaction?
The last time I was in Colonia, there was a limit of $200 per withdrawl and a decent fee from both the ATM and my bank, etc.
So I had to make multiple withdrawls and pay the fees each time. That along with boat ticket almost made it same as using ATM here.
Is this the same in Montevideo, Carmelo, etc.
(What about Chile, Brazil?)

Is there a running thread on this?

Solutions I'm looking at:
I hear a Citibank Australia account has no ATM fees, so that could be an option, but still requires getting the card sent here and then still going to Uruguay, etc.

Muchas Gracias!!

I found this on a Google Forum today. It details sending money from Australia/NZ to Argentina. A little dated but may still be current.

Exchange4Free is a great service .... with a caveat !!!!

Their PayOut Partner ¨More¨ operates with South American Standards 100% ...

My last transaction .. I mistakenly gave a wrong account number. (my memory is fading ... time is gaining the upper hand).
The good news is ... their PayOut Partner picked up the problem and blocked the transaction ( I´m grateful they did).
The bad news is ... NO ONE ELSE KNEW THAT.
Communications broken ( either .. no reply to my queries ... or ... ¨we don´t know¨ ).

Thought I was stranded and left hanging out to dry.
My transaction was finally successfully completed by the end of the 15th day.

http://baexpats.org/...__exchange4free

NO FEES! ZERO ! .. You send $N Dollars, you receive exactly the same $N Dollars.
You just have to accept that their Payout partner ¨More¨ is a South American Operation, they can keep you on edge if things go wrong.
Otherwise, smooth, fast, efficient, etc .... 5 stars when nothing goes wrong !

I´m a very satisfied client, .... would recommend them to my best friend !

And yes Australia is one of the more than 80 countries they support.

NO FEES! ZERO ! .. You send $N Dollars, you receive exactly the same $N Dollars.
You just have to accept that their Payout partner ¨More¨ is a South American Operation, they can keep you on edge if things go wrong.
Otherwise, smooth, fast, efficient, etc .... 5 stars when nothing goes wrong !

I´m a very satisfied client, .... would recommend them to my best friend !

Not that I doubt the validity of the service that exchange4free offers, but I must assume by your eager promotion that there is some sort of referral fee that you earn from them, or even you may be Sr. Exchange4free himself ;) .

You send $N Dollars, you receive exactly the same $N Dollars.
Is this to say, that you can receive USD cash here in Argentina? Or that you receive the equivalent in pesos. Their rate is OK, currently 11.71 compared to today's Blue$ of 12.68.

Not that I doubt the validity of the service that exchange4free offers, but I must assume by your eager promotion that there is some sort of referral fee that you earn from them, or even you may be Sr. Exchange4free himself ;) .
I´m a retired old man. I´m not (haven´t been) interested or soliciting anything from no one.
( It has been quite a while ... almost 16 years).

Is this to say, that you can receive USD cash here in Argentina? Or that you receive the equivalent in pesos. Their rate is OK, currently 11.71 compared to today's Blue$ of 12.68.
I´m quite absolutely sure that there no doubt in your mind that there is no way they can deliver $USD inside Argentina.
I´m assuming that it´s a common knowledge that you have to do your own thing to get the $USD, ... for example Colonia Uruguay, etc etc ...
Argentina would not allow them, ... that is an Argentina issue ... not Exchange4Free issue !

Thanks for the info!

Does Exchange4free work through Argenper like Azimo does?
I've recently realised that Argenper has offices in the USA and the UK. You can send money directly to them and get a great rate to receive pesos here.

It is possible to send and receive US dollars cash in Argentina, but that method is invitation only and as such of no use to a public forum. :(

Thanks for the info!
You´re very welcome.

Does Exchange4free work through Argenper like Azimo does?
I've recently realised that Argenper has offices in the USA and the UK. You can send money directly to them and get a great rate to receive pesos here.
Would Argenper be of any help to a Canadian account ?

It is possible to send and receive US dollars cash in Argentina, but that method is invitation only and as such of no use to a public forum. :(

If you could send money with minimal charges to their Bank of America account then yes, otherwise no.

Back