Xoom Peso Pick Up ???

JoshF

Registered
I'm buying some things for my new place and need pesos kinda asap and I don't mind using xoom for peso pick up. My question is since this is first time using xoom what do I need to bring besides past port and would there be any surprises or difficulties to pick up 11,500-12,000 pesos (1000 usd). Remember this is first time using xoom any help would be appreciated. I want it to go as smoothly as possible.

I have a vague memory of that they asked for

bring a bank statement or something to prove where the money came from ie: was it transferred from a savings acct? if so bring proof.

a bank statement that shows where your paychecks come from.

your visa or dni

the first time i used it way back when, they called me on the phone for all kinds of verifying info and then it took a few days longer. not a good option if it's your first time and you're in a rush. :(

If you're getting less than 5000 pesos, all you need is your passport. I had my first transfer processed and delivered in 30 minutes. For larger amounts, there's more bureaucracy. This number comes from their website, by the way.

You shouldn't need anything besides your passport and the transfer number (you'll get it in the email that comes after you send the money to yourself, it starts with an X). They will ask for that bank statement (as if that somehow tells them where the bloody money is actually coming from), but only after you pass a certain threshold of money sent to yourself over the course of a year. It's higher than 1k. Can't remember what it is but I was using Xoom for a few months before they asked me for this.

Picked up money on Thursday, they called me in the late morning and told me it was ready and also sent me an email. I sent the money last Friday. When I picked it up at 1057 Libertad they asked for my passport and the transaction number. They asked if I live here or was a tourist. They also asked if I am working here. Last Friday after I sent the money they sent me an email and asked me to call them. During the call they asked what I wanted the money for. Apparently I could have got the money sooner by following some directions that they sent in an email, but I didn't bother.

Just to close topic i picked up pesos today and all I was asked for was passport and to sign standard transfer form. Was in and out within 5 mins very easy and though not full blue rate if u need some pesos quick it's a viable option. Thanks for the replies

Back