Your Best/worst Customer Service Anecdote

Which Florida sucursal is this? I'm so going to enjoy my free quarter pounder :)

BTW- Speaking of catches/something that seems too good to be true: When you are at the McDonalds, your order has to be a complete combo, not just lone hamburger or french fries... (I promise that I'm not giving my unborn child and myself gestational diabetes by eating exclusively at McDonald's, by the way), but I had a similar disappointing experience this way...

I once seriously waited at least good 7 minutes for just a McNifica (only the hamburger, no special instructions such as "no onions," etc.). They had that free quarter pounder promotion going on. It would make more sense for them to bring me a single sandwich vs. a combo. When I indicated the sign with the promotion and asked for my free coupon, I was told ex-post-facto that this only applied to combos.... *grumble*

Maybe I should take all these events as some sort of sign, I dunno... :p

Since I have never eaten at a Mcdonalds here, and only about twice in the US, I dont have any bad ones.

However, probably two or three times a week, somebody here rounds the price down for me.
I am an old guy, not some cute chica- its not because of my looks. But routinely, at the kiosko, or the panaderia, or even in a cab, portenos will round the bill DOWN.

I have been all over the world- I have never had that happen anywhere else, ever.

Also, Argentines give me things. as in, Free. not every day, but relatively often.
Yesterday, I took my wife's shoes in to have them repaired- the guy just glued them right then and there, and wouldnt let me pay anything. I have never been in there before, never met him, its not like I am a regular.

Of course, in places where I am a regular, I often get given things too. And I generally get good service once I am known- El Jefe de los Oompa Loompas, the grumpy looking waiter at Oreja Negra, has even started to smile at me.
Last year I was in the Pulgas, as I often am, and Osvaldo just GAVE me a minature anvil, after I told him I collect them. I bought a table from him a year or so before, for maybe 1200 pesos- its not like I am some huge customer of his.

Now maybe I just have good karma, or maybe its because I dont generally eat at McDonalds or "some random parilla", but pretty much everywhere I go, I get treated nicely, joked with, smiled at, and if I have been served any eyelashes, I guess they were adequately seasoned, because I never noticed...

Thanks everybody for these stories! They are very helpful for producing our show.

Anybody out there now who wants to tape something related to CS via skype with us?? Call us now to thebuenosairespodcast on Skype.

I think it has to be the same the world over really.
Any huge restaurant chain is not going to give you the service you would get from a corner shop or cafe.
That's why we always go to a basic little diner in Olivos on birthdays etc.
The owner always kisses us or shakes our hands and generally looks after us as the genial mein host that he is.
He knows his business and wants to keep his customers coming back. The others don't need to try.
The other night he even offered us a free bottle of vino when he discovered it was my lady's birthday.

Egad, what a question. It's hard to pick just one story/issue, I'm going to say Taxi Drivers: First, they act like they are doing you a favor by charging you to take you some where. They barely speak to you. They have two driving methods "gas to the floor" or "brake hard". A few weeks ago I thought I should be writing these down but you usually get one of these as a bonus on your voyage... loud crappy music, loud crappy football, air conditioning on (so don't roll down the window) but just low enough to still make your neck sweat, conductor has been farting in the car while waiting for next passenger, conductor is talking on the phone, conductor wants to argue with you about what is the best route, conductor thinks because you look foreign that you won't know where he's going, too much cologne.. way too much. I"m sure I've repressed some. But in reality, there are some good drivers out there too.

Believe or Not!!!! I frequent a Pharmacy across from the Swiss Medical Clinic in Pueyrredon, near Sta. Fe Avenue.
This week when I was paying for a purchase the cashier said; Sir, last time you were her you forgot your change...!! $65 pesos,

:wub:

Bad/good experience:
I was in Rosario, at a mall at Subway and I was treated Argentinean-style (read: rude), she run to start her lunch. I asked her for a sandwich (which was ice-cold) and black coffee (she gave me cortado). I complained to her and the manager. No "sorry", no black coffee or warm sandwich: I was offered a cookie. Yes indeed: a cookie.
There was wifi: I contacted the head office of Subway in the US, looked up the Argentinean office, send them right away a complain. The same day I received apologies from a manager from BsArs and a ticket for two meals.

Believe or Not!!!! I frequent a Pharmacy across from the Swiss Medical Clinic in Pueyrredon, near Sta. Fe Avenue.
This week when I was paying for a purchase the cashier said; Sir, last time you were her you forgot your change...!! $65 pesos,

:wub:
Same thing happened to me at the hardware store,except that i went back a month and a half later
I got my 53 pesos and change i had coming and an apology for not catching his mistake when he priced an item wrong

Back