Your Favorite Resturant In Buenos Aires

naty

Registered
Can you guys suggest a really great restaurant in BA, doesn't have to be expensive or cheap, just amazing Argentinian food

I've never been there and I live near close by. I remember that place about 20 years ago(I' m sure it wasn't called La Choza then) or more and then if memory doesn't fail me, it was closed, i.ie. abandoned, for quite a while. How are the prices?

I've never been there and I live near close by. I remember that place about 20 years ago(I' m sure it wasn't called La Choza then) or more and then if memory doesn't fail me, it was closed, i.ie. abandoned, for quite a while. How are the prices?
I think it opened 9 years ago or so. Traditional type place, good food, service and nice atmosphere. We probably go there every other week. It is not expensive.
Nancy

I like La Choza, and would recommend it to someone wanting traditional Parilla.
But I would choose La Carniceria over it. Also I like the downtown funk of Parilla Pena.
I often send first time visitors to Rodi Bar- they are open all day, serve a respectable Lomo, but also great pasta, salads, pastel de papas, and a full menu of classic Argentinian food, not expensive, and a real authentic experience.
Not Argentinian, but I go back again and again to Gran Dabang.

Love La Carniceria, not exactly traditional parilla, but fabulous and very reasonably priced. And we like Parilla Pena also, it's not within walking distance for us, so we rarely go. Still, have not been to Gran Dabang.
Nancy

I always find pickupthefork.com web site, funny and realiable.
The steak guide covers most the "parrillas" mentioned here: http://pickupthefork.com/2010/05/08/slap-a-steak-on-the-parrilla/

I like parilla guemes (Cordoba and figeroa). Cheap and good, old Italian style waiters a bit on the rude side, which I like a lot ("that's too much for you, order less" ;)). When they see you few times around, free entradas start coming.. Really home feeling.

Back