Your Sunday Morning Human Rights Quiz

ajoknoblauch

Registered
See http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/03/30/opinion/30kristof-quiz.html?hp&rref=opinion&_r=0

Meh, it gave me a score of 12/12 but the quiz itself is pure BS hasbara. The majority of the questions deal with opinion, not fact, and the basic premise is one I vehemently disagree with, namely that Russia is the aggressor in this particular Mexican Standoff.

Then again, the New York Times is just a propaganda mouthpiece for the Zionists, so what can we realistically expect other than great, steaming piles of that malodorous substance which makes the grass grow green?

Then again, the New York Times is just a propaganda mouthpiece for the Zionists, so what can we realistically expect other than great, steaming piles of that malodorous substance which makes the grass grow green?

Oh, just when you were doing so well.

I am not a big fan of the NYT and I believe it is more a propaganda mouthpiece for Liberal politicians and policies in the USA than anything else. Calling it "just a propaganda mouthpiece for the Zionists" is too narrow in scope.

Meh, it gave me a score of 12/12 but the quiz itself is pure BS hasbara. The majority of the questions deal with opinion, not fact, and the basic premise is one I vehemently disagree with, namely that Russia is the aggressor in this particular Mexican Standoff.

So Nicholas Kristof's criticism of the Israelis here is just a smokescreen to disguise his Zionism (http://en.wikipedia....tinian_conflict)? He is, by the way, not the NYT - he is a columnist for the paper, which has many other columnists whose opinions are often diametrically opposed to the paper's editorial line.

9/12 and I don't think most questions where opinion based. In fact the majority would be verifiable. Maybe 3 where opinion based you can tell it's the NYT because it claims that Gitmo is still open because if the GOP and his lack of willingness to close it. In fact his own acceptance of the status quo in that regard counts a lot more. He promised it during his first campaign. But what do I know. .. I'm just "a wingnut".

Maybe this belongs in the "have you experienced prejudice in Argentina?" Thread? I'm speechless--and that ain't easy! Well now I can say I have experienced Anti-Semitism here...but not from Porteños....

12/12 for me although a few were educated guesses. Obviously an opinion piece. Found the info about Western Sahara to be interesting, I had no idea.

9/12 and I don't think most questions where opinion based. In fact the majority would be verifiable. Maybe 3 where opinion based you can tell it's the NYT because it claims that Gitmo is still open because if the GOP and his lack of willingness to close it. In fact his own acceptance of the status quo in that regard counts a lot more. He promised it during his first campaign. But what do I know. .. I'm just "a wingnut".

To repeat, this is not the NYT's opinion. It is the opinion of a single columnist employed by the paper, and its other columnists may/will have widely divergent opinions from Kristof and the paper's own editorial line.

Maybe this belongs in the "have you experienced prejudice in Argentina?" Thread? I'm speechless--and that ain't easy! Well now I can say I have experienced Anti-Semitism here...but not from Porteños....

First, let me humbly apologise for giving you that impression. I deeply and sincerely regret that I have offended you.

But I must politely insist that Anti-Semitism and Anti-Zionism are two very different and separate things. Criticism of Israel and its supporters is not the same as prejudice against Jews. Zionism is a political philosophy, while Judaism is a religion. Furthermore, not all Jews are Zionists, and not all Zionists are Jews.

But the charge of anti-Semitism is one that is very often used to stifle criticism of Israel, as Noam Chomsky has said with far greater eloquence than I could ever hope to command. The fate of Helen Thomas illustrates this phenomenon very clearly.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Anti-Semitism
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Anti-zionism

Note that the second article does discuss the alleged relationship between the two.

And in closing, allow me to repeat my apologies for hurting your feelings. You seem like a very nice person, and such was never my intention. I do not hate people, not anyone. As the Catholics say, "love the sinner, hate the sin".

Back