Zika Virus

Juazeiro and Juazeiro do Norte are like...200km apart, almost on the same longitude, and virtually equidistant from the main focus centers of the disease, which are the major metropolitan areas in Northeastern Brazil. So frankly, the map pointing to Juazeiro or Juazeiro do Norte makes very little difference.

Again, I am not stating that there is in fact a correlation, but it is a hypothesis worth investigating. Specially when the same lab that did the original genetically modified mosquito, now says that it will fight the Zika virus with a new batch of genetically modified mosquitoes.
More like 300km apart

cdFkY0M.png

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]but it is a hypothesis worth investigating. Specially when the same lab that did the original genetically modified mosquito, now says that it will fight the Zika virus with a new batch of genetically modified mosquitoes. [/background]
Really? why? There's far fewer cases around where the mosquitoes were released.

Wipe out the mosquitoes and they can't spread the virus.
sdata201535-f2.jpg

I had the dengue in ARG now that was some SH!T I kid you not 10 days in hell. Now I just have to pray the other one does not bite me because it takes a one two punch in most cases.

Really? why? There's far fewer cases around where the mosquitoes were released.

Considering that the mutated mosquito was released in the wild a little over six months ago, when the cases began to be reported, I think it is a worthwhile inquiry. The mosquitoes were already released, so the inquiry will have no impact on what has already been done. If the hypotheses proves to be false, there will be more confidence towards a new batch of mutated mosquitoes to fight off Zika.

I had the dengue in ARG now that was some SH!T I kid you not 10 days in hell. Now I just have to pray the other one does not bite me because it takes a one two punch in most cases.

i had dengue in Ecuador in 2005. My life was hell for 2 months. 2 injections on a dailyyy!

Considering that the mutated mosquito was released in the wild a little over six months ago, when the cases began to be reported, I think it is a worthwhile inquiry. The mosquitoes were already released, so the inquiry will have no impact on what has already been done. If the hypotheses proves to be false, there will be more confidence towards a new batch of mutated mosquitoes to fight off Zika.

no it wasn't did you bother reading the paper? They released them in 2012.

Again lol zerohedge and reddit.

The problem with zika is that they are clueless about what it really does and how to cure it.
That`s why I didn`t go to Brazil this year.

http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

If you want to find a correlation, you will find one. Pseudo-science at its best...

Back