How much more are you paying for your health (prepaga) insurance?

What other side is there to request the price from? The uninsured dollar cost was a legitimate question intentionally asked of the proper administrative staff,.

I too doubt anyone pays out-of-pocket in U.S. dollars for surgery, but the price I stated wasn't based idle speculation, guesswork, or head-scratching gestimates from someone hanging around the coffee machine. Questions have been asked here about potential out-of-pocket costs, which I've tried to provide.
Are health insurance companies pricing in USD?

Are health insurance companies pricing in USD?
Not that I'm aware of.

In the case I mentioned, which was about a year ago, the question was asked to learn about alternative payment methods available,

Click anywhere on the article in Spanish to open the menu. Next click on Translate to English.
14 March 2024
The 2nd Federal Court of Concepción of Uruguay, headed by María Isabel Caccioppoli, granted a precautionary measure in favor of an affiliate of the prepaid OSDE that ordered the increases made in application of DNU 70/23 to be void. Likewise, it ordered that the increases be made in accordance with what the Enforcement Authority provides by applying article 17 (not replaced) of Law 26,682 until a final ruling is issued.
The most relevant thing about the precautionary measure signed by the judge is that it extends the effects collectively to all cases of future adherents who find themselves in the same circumstances with similar fee increases by OSDE....

For what it's worth regarding costs... My daughter had a baby (C-section, no complications) last April with Swill Medical coverage. She paid $0 out-of-pocket. At that time, she was told that without insurance her cost would be $22,000 U.S.

Eating well does not convey health --- it minimizes what poor diet can add to the mix. It is only one aspect of a highly multi-faceted issue. Although diet is directly within our control, many important factors are not and these are the reason for having health insurance.
This cost is absurd. In US most of the stuff is on 6 or close figures, while in Argentina doctor maybe earns 40k, others well below. With one c section they could literally pay monthly wage to all involved...

Click anywhere on the article in Spanish to open the menu. Next click on Translate to English.
14 March 2024
The 2nd Federal Court of Concepción of Uruguay, headed by María Isabel Caccioppoli, granted a precautionary measure in favor of an affiliate of the prepaid OSDE that ordered the increases made in application of DNU 70/23 to be void. Likewise, it ordered that the increases be made in accordance with what the Enforcement Authority provides by applying article 17 (not replaced) of Law 26,682 until a final ruling is issued.
The most relevant thing about the precautionary measure signed by the judge is that it extends the effects collectively to all cases of future adherents who find themselves in the same circumstances with similar fee increases by OSDE....
This only applies to the specific case and if you want to be part of the collective action you need to sue OSDE and them it will apply to you too. Osde will appeal this for sure. There are many similar rulings against health insurance companies these days.

Just received an email from OSDE that bill will be going up another 14% next month. So plan 450 will clock in at about 734k pesos for two people.

Just received an email from OSDE that bill will be going up another 14% next month. So plan 450 will clock in at about 734k pesos for two people.
MEDICUS will be up 15.95%. So Plan Celeste will be around 254K next month. When I inquired (in November!) it was under 100K...

A 15% increase for April from Hospital Italiano and now paying $280,000p a month.

Back