How much more are you paying for your health (prepaga) insurance?

Hospital beds (per 1,000 people):
I'm aware of that list. Data for Greenland are from 1970, Argentina 2017 and the rest all between. But hospital beds by itself don't show anything about quality of healthcare. Also it is not clear, which beds they are counting. Only public, or all?

Beds are maybe plenty, but for healthcare this doesn't mean much, if there are no stuff, devices and medications to provide quality service.

My Swiss Medical bill for April was about double that of December (+/- $420k to $$836k ARG). Yesterday I went to Swiss Medical to see if anything can be done to get a more reasonable payment.

There was.

I dropped down one tier instead of the highest, the biggest difference being a few small copays for tests, studies, etc. The price for this tier is about $625K/mo ARG. But for the first 6 months, Swiss Medical will drop that to $420K/mo ARG. So at least temporarily I'll be paying about 50% less.

Also, I need to take certain medications for the rest of my life. I had my doctor fill out a form, which I submitted yesterday. This will increase the discount for prescription costs from the normal 40% to 70% (and perhaps 100%, but I'm waiting learn if my meds are on that list). This will save me at least $60k/mo., possibly much more.

But you won't get anything if you don't ask, so....

YMMV but I suggest that anyone feeling the pinch of prepay costs stop by to chat with their provider.

Suerte!

My Swiss Medical bill for April was about double that of December (+/- $420k to $$836k ARG). Yesterday I went to Swiss Medical to see if anything can be done to get a more reasonable payment.

There was.

I dropped down one tier instead of the highest, the biggest difference being a few small copays for tests, studies, etc. The price for this tier is about $625K/mo ARG. But for the first 6 months, Swiss Medical will drop that to $420K/mo ARG. So at least temporarily I'll be paying about 50% less.

Also, I need to take certain medications for the rest of my life. I had my doctor fill out a form, which I submitted yesterday. This will increase the discount for prescription costs from the normal 40% to 70% (and perhaps 100%, but I'm waiting learn if my meds are on that list). This will save me at least $60k/mo., possibly much more.

But you won't get anything if you don't ask, so....

YMMV but I suggest that anyone feeling the pinch of prepay costs stop by to chat with their provider.

Suerte!
Thanks Utopos, good suggestion!
I am with Medicus and since I started looking for a prepaga and I committed with them the price went up 150%, and that was in late November. With this pace soon I will reach 300% of the initial quote, so I think I will do like you did and ask for a lower option, or shop around a bit.

Medicus just informed me that in May they will go up 8.65%

Say you want to do a general checkup so have a doctors visit plus bloodwork. Assume no need for anything else. Anyone have any idea how much that would cost without any insurance plan?

Back