New mandate re money transfers?

If they carefully read their own policy, they'd probably realize that while the idea was to a set new minimum amount for rentistas to demonstrate and for the first time set an amount for pensionistas, it was only intended that the rentistas actually deposit into an account here. The majority of the text is about upping the existing minimum amount for rentistas, who, historically, always had to bring the money in. Setting a minumum for pensionistas (who previously faced no minimum whatsoever, let alone an obligation to transfer it) is a kind of add on at the end of the text.

Still, it has been interpreted they way they are interpreting it, and we are stuck with it.

Do you operate with Santander? We got nothing from Ciudad, Galicia, Nacion so far.
I just got an email yesterday from Banco Macro BMA (formerly Itau) asking for details on specific transactions made late last year. Macro BMA still haven't properly integrated their IT systems with Itau, their webpage doesn't actually let you do online banking, plus their app won't let me see transactions previous to the end of December, so this is going to be fun :)

Fortunately I do declare income as a self-employed person (monotributista) in a plausible tax category to AFIP, and I even keep Dollars under my mattress like any self-respecting Argentinian so I imagine it will work out in the end.

But yes, the new government is coming for our money. Who'd have thought that?

I got an email from Santander asking for documentation for a legit additional inflow of funds in December 2023. Shared my pay statement but they didn't accept it and asking for more documents. Now they are threatening to close my bank account.

What a ridiculous process. I'm working for a company and received the year end bonus and they found it suspicious.

Funny country.

I got an email from Santander asking for documentation for a legit additional inflow of funds in December 2023. Shared my pay statement but they didn't accept it and asking for more documents. Now they are threatening to close my bank account.

What a ridiculous process. I'm working for a company and received the year end bonus and they found it suspicious.

Funny country.

Not just Argentina. Google for "debanking USA" or "debanking UK"

If I'm reading this right, it's now impossible to demonstrate deposits of 5 SMMLV to apply for the rentista visa without being registered as a monotributista to bypass the 4 SMMLV limit, which, presumably, one has to have a visa to apply for?

This may explain some of what is going on:

(Argentina is under the microscope internationally for it lax controls of money laundering and terrorism financing etcetera.)

This may explain some of what is going on:

(Argentina is under the microscope internationally for it lax controls of money laundering and terrorism financing etcetera.)
Because nothing screams “terrorism financing “ as loudly as a country with a plummeting currency and foreign exchange controls. FFS, even the “Tren de Aragua” doesn’t want to operate in Argentina.

Not beating up on you @Alby , just trying to illuminate the thought processes of those responsible, even if only for myself 🙄

No offense taken. In return I won't beat up on you in another thread for declaring your incompetence on the results of the dirty war and then 220 words later on the basis of a Wikipedia article declare the case closed.

No offense taken. In return I won't beat up on you in another thread for declaring your incompetence on the results of the dirty war and then 220 words later on the basis of a Wikipedia article declare the case closed.
I admitted, well not incompetence, but ignorance in the first few words of my post, and though the essence of my post was was a quote from the Chilean DINA based on their assessment of the Argentinian estimates, you’re entirely welcome to have a go 😉 if you know any better. The case, as you put it, will unfortunately never be closed.

Hopefully not a bad omen but I can't log on or call to Western Union this afternoon. Anyone else having problems?

Back