New mandate re money transfers?

Welp, looks like one of my WU accounts really doesn't like my husband. Early last year it stopped letting me send him money direct to his bank account, and as of today I can't send it for pickup in person (had to use my back up account). It's also now prompting me to verify my source of funds/work/etc. for any amount when I try to send to my bank account here. Things are changing, and if I had known that, I would had withdrawn more of my savings last time I was in the US...

Welp, looks like one of my WU accounts really doesn't like my husband. Early last year it stopped letting me send him money direct to his bank account, and as of today I can't send it for pickup in person (had to use my back up account). It's also now prompting me to verify my source of funds/work/etc. for any amount when I try to send to my bank account here. Things are changing, and if I had known that, I would had withdrawn more of my savings last time I was in the US...

I can't find anyone else on other BA forums talking about running into new issues with WU transfers. Has anyone recently transferred from a US bank account to an Arg bank account without issue? I usually send it to my wife here.
My last transfer was on March 20. No problem.

i have lived this nightmare in 2008. hsbc closed my account without warning. they said it wasn’t worth the trouble to satisfy US restrictions and the paperwork involved. at that time you only had to own property to have an arg account. it could be coming from the US or other countries. good luck

by the way wu is heavily monitored for remissions to mexico. i think 300.00 is the limit without verifying were the funds come from. i could be mistaken. its been a year since i sent money to colombia.

Back