Who has left or is planning to leave?

It is very easy to loose sight of this in Buenos Aires, at moments of economic instability and crisis where there are differences in the exchange rate artificially favouring those with foreign income and creating a false sense of security and making it easy to overlook its many short comings.
This is so true really. Buenos Aires seems sexy as hell when its cheap. When it's expensive, it starts feeling like a burdensome city to live in - so hard to bank, so hard to get dollars, 2 rates of each item, limited flights as compared to world cities, hard to buy a place due to all cash in cash, hard to rent due to garantia thing, crazy mentally unstable women, people sad and depressed, poor construction of newer buildings, lack of GOOD Asian food options, lack on amazon.com or similar options etc

BKK is a superb city to live in. so easy to do everything. super polite ppl, easy to bank, use cards, rent, fly, hospitals, local and international food, to meet ppl from all over the world and yr sex life would never ever get boring there, which is an added plus.
To your own liking ,,,,, if you have to choose between ONLY ,,,,, KL or BKK. What would it be? Then elaborate your reasons for your decision.

To your own liking ,,,,, if you have to choose between ONLY ,,,,, KL or BKK. What would it be? Then elaborate your reasons for your decision.
BKK. been only to KL once. It could be an option to raise a family. for single ppl, BKK is the place

Also, Thailand has a distinct culture - stand-alone the rest of the planet while Malaysia seems somewhat India/Chinese or similar. You can;t beat Thai food! Its so easy to rent/buy in Bkk. etc etc

Both BKK and KL have good hospital options but I belive BKK takes the cake as ppl are so gentle, soft and polite in the hospitals.

Last edited:
This is so true really. Buenos Aires seems sexy as hell when its cheap. When it's expensive, it starts feeling like a burdensome city to live in - so hard to bank, so hard to get dollars, 2 rates of each item, limited flights as compared to world cities, hard to buy a place due to all cash in cash, hard to rent due to garantia thing, crazy mentally unstable women, people sad and depressed, poor construction of newer buildings, lack of GOOD Asian food options, lack on amazon.com or similar options etc
What a post!
Sharp Bull's eye.

BKK. been only to KL once. It could be an option to raise a family. for single ppl, BKK is the place

Also, Thailand has a distinct culture - stand-alone the rest of the planet while Malaysia seems somewhat India/Chinese or similar. You can;t beat Thai food! Its so easy to rent/buy in Bkk. etc etc

There are so many ways to compare these countries....I just came from living in Manila last year and I have lived in Thailand before. To me the biggest difference is about English. Philippines....yes....Thailand...forget about it. Malesia KL...yes but maybe limited...not sure. Residency is far easier in the Philippines. Believe me...I can find plenty wrong with the Philippines. but English and EXTREMLY friendly people which means a lot the older you get.

There are so many ways to compare these countries....I just came from living in Manila last year and I have lived in Thailand before. To me the biggest difference is about English. Philippines....yes....Thailand...forget about it. Malesia KL...yes but maybe limited...not sure. Residency is far easier in the Philippines. Believe me...I can find plenty wrong with the Philippines. but English and EXTREMLY friendly people which means a lot the older you get.
The Philippines is perhaps the only country on the planet that left its generous residency program alone allowing foreigners to reside permanently there by spending only 20 K usd! it's mindblowing. That's where Thailand loses. Its so hard to become a resident of Thailand and they made their elite visa program, 5 times more expensive.

Filipinos are lovely ppl. English is great. However, I prefer Thai ppl, Thai food and Thai women over Filipinas any day!

Don't rule out Asia. There are many happy expats in Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia. I used to live in Thailand and have visited most SE Asian countries. Sure, it is a big change but welcome by many.
Vietnam appears extremely poor ( great ppl by the way) . I believe its OK if you want to have the adventure of living in a poor place.
I prefer KL or BKK as both have world-class transportation, restaurants, hospitals, banking, Apple stores, online shopping, etc

Sharp confident clear decisive. BKK. No humming or Puffing.
How about BKK residency? Difficult? Doable? I am terrified going through this process once again. (Abuse of elderly).

Back