Who has left or is planning to leave?

Thailand has these public-private residency permit programs they are selling. Choose the “package” (eg length of residence) you want, and welcome to the land of smiles.
Perhaps the easiest way to get residence anywhere if you have the cash.

Thailand has these public-private residency permit programs they are selling. Choose the “package” (eg length of residence) you want, and welcome to the land of smiles.
Perhaps the easiest way to get residence anywhere if you have the cash.
5 times more expensive than before and is only a long term tourist visa

for 50 plus, the other route i suggested is better.

So is Dubai. But like Dubai, in BKK and KL, almost everything is centrally air-conditioned from taxis to hotels to restaurants to ubers to office buildings.

Here in BA in Feb in middle of mosquitos and severe heat wave, one had to beg taxis and ubers to start the AC
True but Dubai is really for people with jobs there. Otherwise you're going to feel isolated - and maintaining a good lifestyle isn't cheap there.

True but Dubai is really for people with jobs there. Otherwise you're going to feel isolated - and maintaining a good lifestyle isn't cheap there.
agreed. i was only referring to Dubai heat

5 times more expensive than before and is only a long term tourist visa

for 50 plus, the other route i suggested is better.
And important to note, with these programs you’ll never qualify for permanent residence nor have any possibility of naturalizing. (Similar to many programs in Asia and the Middle East also, something to consider well if looking for your “forever home” or worried about money or health running out…)

In all 3 countries?
Or specific to one particular country? Which?
Dubai is worst but its NOT for you.

Both KL and BKK have bad heat but you won't feel it so much on a day-to-day basis as both cities are very modern at least in good areas.

-----

Thailand has options if you are 50 plus ( which you are) and can lock 800,000 bahts in the bank for the long term. Plus you have to hire an agent to ease the process. expect to spend some money there too and u r set.

It never leads to permanent residency or citizenship. Its just a long term visa.
Do I understand you correctly:

Locking $22k US in Thai bank account grants an elderly of 50 years a limitless perma tourist visa till the $22k US is unlocked and withdrawn.
(No need for equivalent to Colonia Run every 90 days). That's it. Nothing else. (Aside from the obvious criminal record of course).

Do I understand you correctly:

Locking $22k US in Thai bank account grants an elderly of 50 years a limitless perma tourist visa till the $22k US is unlocked and withdrawn.
(No need for equivalent to Colonia Run every 90 days). That's it. Nothing else. (Aside from the obvious criminal record of course).
It has to be renewed every 12 months; plus you have to report to the Thai Immigration office every 3 months online or in person; plus if you go abroad, you have to inform that immigration office, and there are some small entry fees.

Back