¿periodismo Para Todos Vs Fútbol Para Todos?

No there are a lot of teams playing and a lot of different packages can be created so that there are provisions for some football on terrestrial tv.

Not that they need to put it on terrestrial tv since almost all villas are full of direct tv satellites.

You wont find many countries showing every football match for free on terrestrial tv, but most will have a weekly highlights show. Part of the reason for this is the fact that when it is on tv (including pay tv) fewer people actually go to the match which damages the sport in the long run.

I wonder what the attendances have been like for some of the smaller clubs since their games have started being broadcast for free.

what do you mean by packages? am I missing something?, cause I dont understand what you mean by terrestrial tv.

about the less attendance because its on tv, thats not true!! stadiums have average capacity for 30,000 or less here, and every club have at least a million fans, potentially. And it doesnt have to be always full, it can be at 70% for instance, thats pretty common. Tv has lower to no incidence.

. Its a very important part of Argentine cultural life, and it could perfectly be protected by law because its cultural patrimony. As well as it could be Baremboin in the Teatro Colon, or the thousand events the GCBA or the province offers every week for free. Its just another cultural event.

It doesnt have to be bussiness per se.

Cultural event? Fear for your health and welfare is cultural? Have attended two matches and each time have gotten on my knees when I arrived home and thanked the almighty creator for helping me survive. Been to a goat roping contest, seen a monkey screw a football, nothing can equal a football match in Argentina. Required attire, raincoat, gas mask, eyewash, flack jacket, helmet.... Shameful.

My rant for the week.

what do you mean by packages?

about the less attendance because its on tv, thats not true!! stadiums have average capacity for 30,000 or less here, and every club have at least a million fans, potentially. And it doesnt have to be always full, it can be at 70% for instance, thats pretty common. Tv has lower to no incidence.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/how-does-the-premier-league-sell-its-tv-rights.html

The Premier League's live audio-visual UK broadcast rights are sold in three season packages in a heavily regulated auction process. For the purposes of that process the rights are sold in six packages of 23 matches with no single broadcaster allowed to purchase all six. The packages are labelled A-F and are distinguished by the time at which certain matches can be broadcast. For example Package A is for 23 matches per season to be broadcast on a Sunday at 16.00 and Package D is for 23 matches per season to be broadcast on a Saturday at 17.30.

It appears your right about attendances, they had dropped drastically at matches that are live and free in most countries.
They seem pretty static here over the past 8-9 seasons.

I just heard an interesting BBC program on the retired Brazilian soccer star Romario, who now serves in his country's Congress, and was scathing about the money wasted on World Cup stadiums at the expense of the people and communities who really need it. What he said, in effect, was that soccer should support itself, and that education should be a higher priority.

My hometown, Brasilia, yesterday inaugurated a US$750 MILLION DOLLAR stadium for the World cup. 750 million dollars......It can seat up to 75 thousand people, in a city where a typical local match does not attract more than 1,000 watchers. It is a disgrace. We can thank "left wing" Lula, who is so loved by all the Argentinian pro-K jackasses for this "gift".

http://aje.me/188gI3f

Matias, these days its just run by the Las Barras Bravas, who double up as Punteros and political figureheads for the Ks (cant forget the 300 or so that got all inclusive paid trips to the South African World Cup in return for everything they do for the Govt).
From what the Argentines I know tell me football used to be a nice family event, you could take your kids along to the cancha and enjoy a nice family day out. These days - no way. I know you will tell me its always been the case and maybe your right, but is it not true its much worse now?

The fact the government & AFA turn a blind eye is bad enough, I dont think they should be funding it. Money much better spent elsewhere.

My hometown, Brasilia, yesterday inaugurated a US$750 MILLION DOLLAR stadium for the World cup. 750 million dollars......It can seat up to 75 thousand people, in a city where a typical local match does not attract more than 1,000 watchers. It is a disgrace. We can thank "left wing" Lula, who is so loved by all the Argentinian pro-K jackasses for this "gift".

Precisely what Romario has been criticizing.

Back