¿periodismo Para Todos Vs Fútbol Para Todos?

My hometown, Brasilia, yesterday inaugurated a US$750 MILLION DOLLAR stadium for the World cup. 750 million dollars......It can seat up to 75 thousand people, in a city where a typical local match does not attract more than 1,000 watchers. It is a disgrace. We can thank "left wing" Lula, who is so loved by all the Argentinian pro-K jackasses for this "gift".

http://aje.me/188gI3f

I had heard some rumblings that Brazil may have been going a bit over the top in their stadium development for smaller cities. What the hell are they going to do with that after the World Cup?

Matias, these days its just run by the Las Barras Bravas, who double up as Punteros and political figureheads for the Ks (cant forget the 300 or so that got all inclusive paid trips to the South African World Cup in return for everything they do for the Govt).
From what the Argentines I know tell me football used to be a nice family event, you could take your kids along to the cancha and enjoy a nice family day out. These days - no way. I know you will tell me its always been the case and maybe your right, but is it not true its much worse now?

The fact the government & AFA turn a blind eye is bad enough, I dont think they should be funding it. Money much better spent elsewhere.

I agree that futbol now is full of barrabravas, mafias, that are basically gangs that support a politician or a union leader. (Fernandez, Moyano, Barrionuevo, Macri and a large etc). They are mafias, clearly.
But the great majority, those who still have the futbol tradition, while they cant or just simply dont go personally, that poor people, deserve to have futbol for free. Because futbol here is as important as the asado. Sunday it has always been with futbol. And precisely because is too dangerous to go to the stadium, or expensive, people should have it on tv. Im glad that this is totally free, free to everyone, free to people that cant afford a pay per view. Without any doubts one of the thinks I like the most of this government (excepting the propaganda as I said before).

I had heard some rumblings that Brazil may have been going a bit over the top in their stadium development for smaller cities. What the hell are they going to do with that after the World Cup?

My suggestion is to bring everyone from La Campora, heard them inside and then drop a huge bomb on top of it once the stadium is full.

So the solution is a state monopoly that withholds paper from its critics, and gives freely to its own lackeys.

it is a mistake to supose that the State would only give paper to allies. It shouldnt be like that, and I guess that may be regulated by law.
BTW, Clarin is making it pretty good with the K government, they even stopped a law, they critizes the government every single day, from radios, tv channels, newspapers, etc, if they do that is because they can, which means, they still have the power, the monopoly, papel prensa, etc. (+ some judges, + oposition politicians, etc).
And Clarin do have pauta oficial. The pauta oficial has always been the main income for a media group. It is like 70% to 30% of private publicity. Pauta oficial are also licitaciones, not only propaganda from the national governemnt. You have provinces, municipios, I dont know, think of tourist campaigns from some province, etc. And this is totally regulated by law. If you have something to communicate to the population, campaigns to vaccine, to use condom because the aids, etc etc, you must use every single space, and of course Clarin is not the exception. They are the most important space, not only on tv, they have a lot of people captivated, so those people have to know. Its not true that Clarin dont have pauta oficial. The true is that they dont have it like time ago, that this governemnt uses more other ways.

I'm all for taking away futbol from the poor people and using the money to give them paved roads, more police protection, better acces to health care and education, etc. Seems like a giant waste of money.

ok, but I dont think that would really happen if you privatize futbol. What will surely happen is that some media group will make lot of money from this poor people that will be forced to pay.

I agree that futbol now is full of barrabravas, mafias, that are basically gangs that support a politician or a union leader. (Fernandez, Moyano, Barrionuevo, Macri and a large etc). They are mafias, clearly.
But the great majority, those who still have the futbol tradition, while they cant or just simply dont go personally, that poor people, deserve to have futbol for free. Because futbol here is as important as the asado. Sunday it has always been with futbol. And precisely because is too dangerous to go to the stadium, or expensive, people should have it on tv. Im glad that this is totally free, free to everyone, free to people that cant afford a pay per view. Without any doubts one of the thinks I like the most of this government (excepting the propaganda as I said before).

No they don't deserve to have soccer for free. They can watch at a friend's house, or at a bar. Fútbol Para Todos is the worst sort of scam, letting a lazy government pretend they're doing something for the poor and disadvantaged.

Matias, I agree but dont you think that many of the games would still be purchased by free-to-air channels (ie not have to pay channels) anyway?
Even if not, I still think it is money better spent elsewhere.

So you re saying, let take the futbol away from this poor people, lets make them pay,

NO... I think they are saying "STOP BRAINWASHING THE POORER LESS EDUCATED PEOPLE WHO ARE MORE VULNERABLE TO GOVERNMENT PROPAGANDA" ...AT LEAST DON'T DO IT WITH OUR TAX MONEY $$$!! Get the message?

Futbol para todos is the only audience left...Cristina has $pent hundreds of millions in buying & subsidizing all the media channels bar Clarin...and guess what? There's no one watching any more, she's bored them to death with all her rambling rants...futbol is the last captive audience left in her power...she managed to stuff up everything else she puts her grubby little hands on.

The nature of running a monopoly is that your customers have little choice but to choose your products and services.

You are correct on Monopolies . But its clearly not a case of Monopoly . Why fewer people choose to buy Tiempo Argentino, or watch 678? Name A Few of the reasons. Don't tell me Cristina got 54% of the Votes..... jjajjajajajaj

Back